Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 17, 2013, 04:15 PM
    Which brand of furnace?
    Hi guys. Just wondering what brand of high eff 95+ forced air gas units you are using these days. As a new business owner, Im about to change brands from what the old boss carried. My options in this area are Trane, Goodman, York, Heil, and Rheem. At this point Goodman and York are off the list due to previous issues. Trane seems to have a price tag a little to close to Lennox for me, so that's not one Im looking to hard at anymore. So between Heil and Rheem/Ruud, what do you got? Im in an extremely small area hundreds of miles from the nearest supplier of any of these units, but close enough to get parts overnight if need be. It is a small enough area to where there are only three ligitimate hvac installers, one carries Lennox, one carries Goodman (reason I won't sell Goodman) I at this point I carry York (supplier dropping york and going to Goodman,) I believe Trane to be a good unit, as well as Rheem, but have not seen a newer Heil. Leaning that way because on of my best suppliers carries them and I know they will stand behind them with me. No matter the units we have sold/installed over the years, we always stand behind them. Just looking for some input from others dealing specifically with these brands. Not looking for anything on others (arco aire, carrier, etc, just not feasible in this area for my business). Thanks guys.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2013, 05:24 PM
    Rheem's stuff seems to be OK but so does Heil. I'd go with whichever gave me the best support it terms of parts stocked, etc. Every brand has their good & bad points.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2013, 07:40 PM
    We have been selling york for the last 40 + yrs. As stated above I would go with what ever you can get best price, best warranty, and what ever units are most available in your area. Never had much luck with rheem in my area.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2013, 02:28 PM
    Something that would cause me to look harder at Heil would be their warranty on the condensing units. If you have a compressor failure or condenser leak within the first year, maybe longer, they will give you a whole condenser.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 18, 2013, 05:27 PM
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Time to get a sit down with the powers that be with each distributer and really weigh my options. Free shipping, availability of parts and down right good service are going to be key points along with price. I have to admit York has always been a great unit for us along with an extremely reasonable price tag. Kind of getting the rug yanked out from under me on that one. Doesn't seem any of my salesmen are to happy about the change, but the powers that be make the end call. Kind of funny how a distributor will go around bad mouthing other units then switch over to said units just like that. More politics in the trades than I ever imagined. Go figure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No heat brand new Ruud furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I had a Ruud furnace installed on Dec 30/2008 and I have woke up twice to no heat in a week at minus 40 tempertures outside. The furnace kept calling for heat but the heat never ignited. I have turned the furnace switch on and off and the green blinking light stays on but the organge light that...

Furnace Brand [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Recently I got a quote on a new furnace and airconditioning units for my home, its two storys and I have two furnaces and air conditioning units. They quoted 80% efficient Gibsion units, is this a good brand? I'm hoping to get 30+yrs of service, one of my furnaces work but the other is...

Brand new furnace with bad odor [ 1 Answers ]

I had a brand new Rheem Furnace/AC unit installed a few months ago and have been using the AC with no issues. Last night we turned on the heater for the first time and a really bad smell came out of the vents. It smelled like something was burning. We turned the heater off and opened the windows...

Furnace Brand Suggestions [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone recommend a good furnace brand? Currently have 22 yo, 100kBTU, oil fired, forced hot air, highboy w a/c evaporator coil. Heat exchanger has a crack. So far suggested Lennox, Thermo pride, Armstrong, Carrier, Comfort Air, American Standard and Oneida. Don’t need the Cadillac, I’m...

Furnace brand and BTUS [ 3 Answers ]

Is goodman a decent brand of furnace. Also, how many BTU is necessary to heat 1500 sq ft house?

View more questions Search