Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MikeT331 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2013, 03:09 PM
    Toilet does not release all the tank water before flapper closes.
    Toilet flush only uses about a fourth of the tank before flapper shuts. I have to continue to hold the handle down to flush completely. If this is done the toilet flushes with no problem. I have replaced the flapper and adjusted the chain to both short and long but nothing helps. I need to resolve this before it makes me crazy.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 17, 2013, 04:18 PM
    This is a lumbing question not a forum help but I will answer after a question or two. When the tank is full does it reach within 1?2" of the top of the overflow tube?
    MikeT331 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2013, 04:50 PM
    It reaches about 2.5 inches from the top of the tube.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 17, 2013, 05:19 PM
    ... then Ballengerb1 nailed your problem down... ;)

You need to set the water level so it is approximately 1/2" to 1" maximum below the top of the overflow tube. To adjust the water level in the tank requires that you make an adjustment to the toilet FILL VALVE (or specifically the float mechanism of the fill valve).

YouTube has some great videos on adjusting water levels on different fill valve assemblies.

Let us know how you make out, OK?

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet flapper closes too quickly. [ 3 Answers ]

I must be a dummy! I've read your blog and I've tried just about all suggestions, so.. I must be missing something. Here goes, I have adjusted the chain leaving 1/2 extra, I have also changed the flapper to a universal flapper for American Standard toilet, and still, the flapper closes almost...

Where in Brooklyn, NY can I get a Mancesa toilet tank flapper [ 0 Answers ]

Where in Brooklyn, NY can I get a Mancesa toilet tank flapper

How do I fix a toilet flapper that closes too fast? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I fix a toilet flapper that closes too fast? I've replaced the flapper and adjusted to all the different settings. I've also varied the chain length for the flush. Nothing works. There is some sort of water saving device in the toilet, similar to a milk jug (but not, it's a...

Toilet flapper closes too fast [ 4 Answers ]

I finally fixed the leaky tank problem that I had. I needed to use a different rubber gasket between the tank and bowl and I also needed a second set of rubber washers both inside the tank and outside the tank to go with the tank to bowl bolts. I now have a new problem. The universal fluidmaster...

Leaky Toilet Tank - Small Air Bubbles Forming Around Flapper [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, My toilet tank is leaking into the bowl, causing the fill valve to run every 5-10 minutes to refill the tank. I have identified the problem as being with the flapper. Tiny air bubbles are forming around the seal preventing the flapper from making a good seal and keeping the water in the...

View more questions Search