Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Jul 17, 2013, 11:51 AM
    Create Percent of Row Total in Access Crosstab Query
    Ok, so I think this should be easy but I'm having some difficulties getting this to work.

I have User, Hours, and Category fields in a crosstab query. I'm totaling the hours for each user in a Column called Total Hrs. What I would like to do is to keep the Total Hrs but represent the individual percentages of time spent in each Category for the user, rather than displaying the Hours.

So it would look like:

<table>User Administration Employee Eng M&P TAFW Total Hrs
    Joe Smith 15% 35% 25% 25% 300.00</table>
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 17, 2013, 01:24 PM
    I'm not sure you can do that in the same query. You might have to work with the resulting crosstab and add calculated columns to it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grouping by Month in Crosstab Query [ 3 Answers ]

Hello - here's my problem. I'm trying to put together a crosstab query that groups admit dates to the hospital by month for a particular nursing home. Here's how I have set it up so far: I have Admit date set as the column heading for the crosstab query. I have nursing home facility set...

Query regarding converting column to row in MS Access [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have table in MS Access as bellow Name Date Time In_Out X 25/1/07 09:00 AM IN X 25/1/07 12:00 PM Out X 25/1/07 01:00 PM IN X 25/1/07 07:00 PM Out Y 25/1/07 12:00 PM IN Y 25/1/07 06:00 PM Out

Crosstab Query in MS Access [ 1 Answers ]

How can I change the my query to crosstab query.. please see the picture.. http://www.l22l.com/l22l-up-1/8a7081adec.jpg I write this code... how can I change to a crosstab query SELECT SeaTable.location, Count(SeaTable.location) AS CountOflocation FROM SSFMainTable INNER JOIN SeaTable...

View more questions Search