Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnlopezfamily Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2013, 08:38 AM
    How to prime a well pump system
    My mother in law just purchased a house as is. The house contains a an electrical pump for the well. The system has been off for several months. I would like to know how to prime the pump. This is the first time working with a well water system
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 17, 2013, 08:41 AM
    So you have already tried to draw water and the pump runs but no water, right?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 17, 2013, 01:07 PM
    On the top of the impeller cage You will find either a pressure gauge or a plug. Remove the gauge on the plug and fill the enclosure with water until it overflows. Replace the gauge or the plug and turn the pump on. If you cannot fill the enclosure click on back and let me know. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pump lost prime and overheated motor runs but does not pump is the pump fried [ 4 Answers ]

Over night the pump lost primed and melted the sched. 40 fittings I replaced all the fittings and cannot get pump to prime the motor runs is it possible that the propeller was damaged from the heat?//

How to prime the pump for a well that serves a geothermac heat pump [ 0 Answers ]

The power went off for a while this afternoon. When it came back on... the pump had lost it's prime... how do I prime the work to get my air conditioning on again?

Water well pump won't prime I know but I can't get to prime [ 0 Answers ]

I know how to prime a water well pump but Icant get it to prime . How would I know if something wrong with the pump

View more questions Search