Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjmodery Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2013, 06:08 PM
    Mower blades won't engage
    Have 21 HP 46 in Craftsman riding mower 917 288520. Had to replace bent mower blade. Tipped up to replace blades and now mower deck won't engage. Starts and runs fine but blades won't engage. Belt looks in place. Any suggestions?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2013, 06:11 PM
    You better check that belt closer that it isn't snapped or off anyplace. Its mechanically engaged... Last time I bent a blade I snapped a belt too.

I've got a 20 hp 42" deck...
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 5, 2013, 03:15 PM
    Hi,
    Also, check to see that the cable is still connected on the deck. Link to the manual is below(just select the Download link.)http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...entId=1108179P
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman mower won't engage blades [ 1 Answers ]

When I pull the pto switch to engage the blade the engine will shut down.blades turn freely by hand. Acts as if there is safety switch grounding out. Seat switch still works but can't figure it out.

Craftsman mower blades won't engage [ 1 Answers ]

Have a 42", 21 hp Craftsman Bob Villa mower and when you pull the PTO switch out it kills the engine. If you slowly pull it out the blades will engage as long as it stays in same position, you can't pull it all the way out or it will kill the engine. Have replaced the PTO switch, same results. ...

Mower Blades won't engage [ 2 Answers ]

When I pull the blade switch on my Craftsman 16.5 hp riding mower, nothing happens. I had this problem previously, and it was the PTO. Since that was a year ago, I really don't think it's that. Recently when the blades wouldn't engage, I checked/wiggled the wiring to the PTO, and the blades did...

Troybuilt mower blades won't engage [ 4 Answers ]

PTO not engaging

View more questions Search