Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 16, 2013, 05:37 AM
    TV fried, given extended warranty, BUT..
    My beautiful 55" LG smart TV fried on the Fourth, and I actually got someone on LG's website chat immediately, AND she gave me an extended warranty because it was only 2 weeks past the 1 year warranty! WOW! What a wonderful company. I also have an LG fridge and washer, and love them too.

But since the 4th, my hopes of getting it fixed are strangling. The first company said that LG had cut way back on how much they reimburse for, so they won't go to my small town - too much time and gas. LG has been giving me the run-around ever since, saying something different each time. Their website showing a fleet of fix it vans of their own to take over seems to be some sort of dream.

Any suggestions? The amount of time spent on the phone and the painful re-creation of the situation in detail each time to a different rep, met finally with something like 'it says here the case is closed' or 'it says here that it never went to the locator dept' or 'it looks like you are out of warranty' - is that worth $1200? When do you give up on a big purchase and a big corporation? When do you say 'it's only money' or 'it isn't worth the grief' and go buy another one? When do you trade principle for peace of mind?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 16, 2013, 05:48 AM
    Let me see, you tell them it is broke and a sales person on phone, sells you a extendend warranty, knowing it is not working. ** did not red flags start jumping all over the place.

Also did you read the terms of the extended warranty, they are often though secondary service providers and provide a lot less service than original warranity.

You will normally have to take the unit, to the nearest service facility, if you are not in their home service area.

So where is your nearest facility
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2013, 05:53 AM
    Hello joy:

I recall when my tranny went out 3 days after my warranty expired... Did I get any consideration, EVEN though I reported TROUBLE before it went out and during the warranty period?? Nahhhh.. Cost me $6,000.

My hands free phone in the car went out ON THE ANNIVERSARY date. Did they give me any love?? Nahhh.. Now I break the law by putting the phone up to my ear... I'm soooo bad...

So, they "GAVE" you a warranty, and then took it back due to lack of interest... Do you have a claim?? Nahhh..

excon
    current pert

Jul 16, 2013, 06:20 AM
    The TV came with a 1 year warranty, and they GAVE me an extended warranty.
    They didn't take it back 'due to lack of interest' either - I've been on the phone constantly for the last 12 days.
    I was super nice about it at first because they GAVE me the extension.
    Until I lost it, after 10 days of run-around.
    You don't tell a customer one thing and then slither all around it.
    Either say SOL or not!
    current pert

Aug 27, 2013, 09:59 AM
    Got a call from LG today - they are sending me a newer model, refurbished, free, and taking back the old one.
    I had bought a new one weeks ago, but now I can sell one.
    So LG is pretty good. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2013, 11:08 AM
    Good job, joy!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2013, 01:58 PM
    Hello joy:

Good for you. One of my old girlfriends had some trouble with an airline, and was on the phone with them, it seemed like days on end. I told her to hang up. They'll NEVER give her money back or anything...

Lo and behold, they gave her two first class tickets for her trouble.. She took her NEW boyfriend.

excon
    current pert

Aug 27, 2013, 02:02 PM
    LOL but OH NO, is there a moral to that story?
    I'm not an optimistic person at all, just stubborn.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2013, 02:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    LOL but OH NO, is there a moral to that story??
    I'm not an optimistic person at all, just stubborn.
    You can be a stubborn optimist!
    current pert

Aug 27, 2013, 04:08 PM
    If I tried that at my age, I'd be fake as aerosol cheese.
    (If you got a greenie, it was for funny. We need a funny button.)
    current pert

Sep 5, 2013, 07:03 AM
    LG sent me an even newer, more expensive model. WOW for LG, even though it took 2 months - but they could have said sorry, you were just past the warranty.
    Now I am trying to sell it on eBay, craigslist, and a local paper...
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Sep 5, 2013, 07:22 AM
    I have an LG monitor on my system at home. It went bad and they took care of it in the same way except for it didn't take 2 months. I was very happy with their customer service. I agree though, finding repair facilities is difficult but they dealt with me directly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HVAC Extended Warranty. [ 1 Answers ]

I just had a new 5 Ton American Standard HVAC system installed. Is it worth spending $575. For an extended warranty which provides for 10 yrs on all parts and labor? The standard warranty is: Heat Exchanger: 20 Yrs Compressor: 10 Yrs Condenser Coil: 10 Yrs Parts: 5 Yrs Workmanship: ...

Extended Warranty [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I purchaed an heil Furnace and I can go on line and registar for this extended 5yr warranty I connot find it.

View more questions Search