Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    12345_abcde Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2013, 05:36 AM
    Looping through access datatables and compare values to get conflicting data
    I have a table in access containing data like:

PaperID--School--PaperID---PaperTitle--Noofstudents---Duration---ListofModules
    Paper 1---SEG----EG1832---Mechanics---- 286----1.5(hrs)---EG1832
    Paper 2---SEG----EG1833---ElectricalPrinc--375--1.5 -------EG1833 EG1952 EG1903
    Another table with:

Module students
    EG1832 ----- 111411H
    -blank ----- 111380Y
    -blank ---- 151621H
    EG1952 ----- 198653H
    -blank ----- 545411Q
    - blank ---- 111411H

If let say student;111411h is taking EG1832 and EG1952, then output:

Conflict modules No.ofstudents student(adminNo)
    Paper1 : paper2 1 111411H
    Anyone tell me how to go about doing this?

How do I loop through the 2 tables in my access database and search for conflicting data and display the output into a multi line textbox?

Thanks in advance!

Any help is greatly apreciated!

Check out some similar questions!

Compare related data stored in two or more excel sheets [ 18 Answers ]

How to compare related data stored in two or more different excel sheets? For example, annual sales figure of a number of companies relating to two OR more years available in different excel sheets? Either by grouping (pooling) the data into a single excel sheet or otherwise?

MS Access - compare two fields in a query [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to Access and an hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I have two tables that are inner joined by FIELD_A. Both tables are have the same fields but the data comes from different sources. So I have Table 1 Field_A Field_B & Field_C and Table 2 Field_A Field_B &...

Collect data into 2 combo boxes from data in an access table [ 1 Answers ]

I have two combo boxes. When the form loads the db connection opens a recordset that selects all the data from the retaillocations table. When you choose the region (0-4), that number loads into a text box and the Contacts load into the forst combo box. Now I want to select only the Name based on...

How do I reboot my computer when it keeps looping and won't let me access the drives? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I reboot my computer when it keeps looping and won't let me access the drives?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.