Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MVollmuth Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2013, 05:36 AM
    Low water pressure in toilets
    All my toilets in my newly bought house seem to get clogged. About once a week. It's very annoying. Keep telling my wife maybe we should change our diets. When we had the house inspected, they said nothing about the toilets and all seemed fine. Does anyone have any ideas?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 16, 2013, 07:30 AM
    In my capacity as shop trouble shooter I began to run into a slew of complaints on our new construction that were just like yours. I knew they all couldn't be " bad toilets" so I went looking for the cause. I found that when installing the new bowl that the wax ring had been forced out into the discharge pipe and blocking the free flow of water. When the water hit it a backpressure was set up preventing the siphon that makes a good flush and the solids just swirled around while the water went slowly down. I had to set up meeting with our plumbers and show them the problem and how to fix it. When you set the bowl, put the wax seal down on the flat side to the closet flange. Then take your hands and bevel the wax seal outward so that when you set a bowl on it the wax is forced out instead of in blocking the flush. The customer complaints stopped and I had less work to do. Try molding the wax seal so it doesn't choke down on the flush. Good luck, Tom
    MVollmuth Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2013, 07:46 AM
    Thanks for the reply Tom.
    It's worth a shot. I've had a plumber out and he snaked my most troubling toilets and pulled nothing out. Do you think if the wax seal was the culprit and it was forced into the discharge pipe, do you think the plumber would've pulled up some wax from his snake?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are there any toilets with low water level bowls? [ 4 Answers ]

I am a older gentleman with well hung testicles. I would like to have a toilet that has a low water level so they are not hanging into the water and other satuff when I have to sit on the toilet. Is there anyone who makes such a toilet?

Low hot water pressure on a kitchen sink, good cold water pressure [ 4 Answers ]

I have a single faucet sink where the cold water pressure is fine and all other sinks have good hot and cold water pressure. I replaced the kitchen faucet two years ago along with new lines. As of late I'm getting very little hot water pressure along with having to run the water for about 10...

Low water pressure-copper pipe-city pressure has been checked-pressure low at any fix [ 20 Answers ]

Low water pressure copper pipe low at all fixtures and faucets. City has checked pressure. They installed new shutoff in streetalso. They checked meter and was OK. I am orignal owner feed from street is 3/4".copper house also. House built in 1972. Problem started 6 months ago. I am at whits...

Two of my toilets periodically have very low water levels in the toilet bowl. [ 4 Answers ]

I have read that it might be related to the vent... I do have a sewage smell, periodically in the room where the pipes go into the floor (is that the vent or is the vent a separate pipe. ) I think I found the crack... it is right by the floor... I put some flexible putty to temporarily plug the...

ALL of the toilets in house have low water in bowl and low pressure... [ 0 Answers ]

All of our toilets seem to be running on low water in the bowls. The tanks are full. I see no leaks. You have to flush several times to even get toilet paper down sometimes! Then the water slowly leaks out until there is less than half the amount of water. My husband replaced the flapper (wrong...

View more questions Search