Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    green1049 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2013, 08:07 PM
    Shutting off cold water
    When I shut off the cold water intake to the hot water tank, cold water started flowing from my bathroom tub faucet. HOW AND WHY?
    AnswerMan5000 Posts: 186, Reputation: 3

Jul 29, 2013, 09:12 PM
    This is mainly just due to air pressure. If you shut off the air pressure in your plumbing circuit in the home, water may flow out of some of the pipes for a little while until the pressure is all run through the pipes. It should only happen for a minute or two at most and then the water should stop as the pressure runs out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathtub cold water stem keeps turning when shutting off [ 4 Answers ]

New stem and seals. Faucet keeps dripping. How do I get it to stop turning?

Cold water feeding back into cold water stoarage tank [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone please help me and my plumber who also appears flummixed by my problem My ocld water storage tank is overflowing - OK you say - fix the overflow Done it Problem seems to be that the water is feeding back in to the tank Plumber says it not my coil in the cylinder and I have new...

Car shutting off in cold and hot weather [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2000 honda accord EX coupe which has been just shutting off on me in the middle of driving. It has happened in hot weather and cold weather so I don't think that it is the relay system. I wait a few minutes and it will crank back up but today it did not. I had to leave it stranded but will...

Cold hearted or just shutting down? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I meet a guy who literally (for real) showed up on my front door. I was still with my cheating ex boyfriend at the time I met him, and after two conversations with this new guy I decided to break-up with my boyfriend for the new guy. When we first started dating he was unbelievable. He...

View more questions Search