Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dragonslyric Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2013, 04:40 PM
    How to hone my holistic abilities?
    Greetings to all and blessed be. I was wondering how one could improve upon the art of empathy. I can feel peoples energies as well as material places. I would like to be able to not let these feelings {for lack of a better word} drain me to emotional depression. Thank you.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 15, 2013, 04:44 PM
    I really don't understand what this has to do with mythology and folklore, the forum you put your question in.

>thread moved<

Are you saying that other people's depression, makes you depressed as well?Are you the type of person that feeds on the feelings of others?

If this is a serious problem, it may be time to speak to a counselor about handling your feelings properly.
    dragonslyric Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2013, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    I really don't understand what this has to do with mythology and folklore, the forum you put your question in.

>thread moved<

Are you saying that other people's depression, makes you depressed as well?Are you the type of person that feeds on the feelings of others?

If this is a serious problem, it may be time to speak to a counselor about handling your feelings properly.
    Wow I am very sorry That I posted this question in the wrong area. As for feeding on peoples energies... That is like asking me if I am a parasite. No I am not. And thank you for responding.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 16, 2013, 03:00 PM
    I think the OP is talking about honing her EMPATHIC abilities, not the fine points of empathy in a relationship. Empath's are often healers, and drain bad energy or defects from the subject they empathize with. It's a discipline that requires training from another empath, or self training to know when to stop. Often through trial error and misfortune.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2013, 03:04 PM
    Yep that's what the OP is getting at.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2013, 07:33 PM
    Some people can do that. Many can and don't realize it. Like when you are around a negative person and you end up feeling drained and depressed when you are around them. I understand the material places too, but that is hard to explain. Like one time I was near this lady that I had never seen before. Then one day I went to this yard sale at a house that always stood out to me for no reason. The lady that I had taken notice of was the owner of the house. Some places just stand out to me for months or years and then I end up there one day for some reason.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Psychic abilities [ 9 Answers ]

I am just wondering if I have a bit of psychic abilities: I have dreams that come true like I had a dream that my cousin would be having a baby and 2 days later someone told me that the person I dreamed about was pregnant and this happened 3 times with 3 different people. I had a dream that my...

Other abilities that you might have that I see spirits [ 3 Answers ]

Is it true that if you see spirits would you have other abilities like telling the future or others you may know??

Sons abilities [ 2 Answers ]

My 4 year old son keeps doing things I find strange and saying things there is no way he could have heard from myself or anyone I know. When I ask him who told him these things he says "grandad told him" but he has no grandad... when shown a picture of my grandmothers father he told me "that is...

View more questions Search