Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cajunlife504 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2013, 03:54 PM
    Monster energy drink
    I took a drug urine test and just before the test I drunk an monster energy drink and the came back as methanphinemes and the question is can the drink actually cause the test to read that if I have never done that before
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2013, 03:57 PM
    Nope... nothing in it that could trigger that response.
    cajunlife504 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2013, 03:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Nope....nothing in it that could trigger that response.
    But if I have never taken anything like that the could it be a faulty positive ir a faulty equopment
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2013, 04:02 PM
    I can't guess on that... they have to take those tests very serious with frequent calibrations and very strict procedures at all stages because their results are used in courts.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 15, 2013, 04:05 PM
    Monster energy drinks are actually notorious for false positives. Mostly of THC though due to a combination of riboflavin ibuprofen (an unlisted ingredient).
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2013, 04:08 PM
    J9 is right you need to inform them that you drank that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I still conceive a girl if I ate salt and had an energy drink before ovulation? [ 4 Answers ]

I am extremely worried. I've been trying for a girl, doing all the girl diet things, dairy, magnesium etc etc. I had ovulation pains for four days straight then it and the mucus disappeared so I thought it was safe to say ovulation had passed... so I had an energy drink and ate some salty food I...

Can a monster Energy Drink make you fail a drug test? [ 12 Answers ]

Can a Monster energy drink make you fail a drug test? My cousin got a random swab drug test at work the other day directly after consuming lunch and having a Monster energy drink. Supposedly his drug test came back positive for cocaine. How did this happen when he does not do drugs?

Can a monster energy drink cause you to fail a breathalyzer [ 4 Answers ]

My friend told me he drank 3 monster energy drinks and it made him fail his breathalizer. Wondering if he's full of crap or could it really be true?

Boy that drank a blue drink and turned in to a monster [ 2 Answers ]

I watched this moved when I was in kindergarten and it had a boy in it that drank a blue drink and he turned in to a friendly monster, he dumped the drink in his moms plant

5 hour energy drink [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering, around 6 pm I took half of a 5 hour energy drink shot, I didn't feel any energy, I completely forgot I took it, I drank a can of coca cola around 730, is that unhealthy? my hands are really red around my knuckles but its also freezing so I don't know if its from that.

View more questions Search