Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    desrtroz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2013, 02:06 PM
    Why do I have hot water at the sinks, but cold water at both showers?
    About a week ago, our 2 showers both stopped sending hot water. We would get maybe 2 minutes of nice, hot water, then it would gradually get colder very quickly! We can turn up the temperature on the control handle (single-handle Price Pfister Avante shower control), but it still keeps getting colder. My husband pulled the anode rod out of the water heater - a little corrosion, but still good. We've drained the tank twice (50 gallons each time). Checked for proper pilot light and burner operation - all fine. We've checked under the house and the hot water line is HOT all the way from the water heater to the end of the line at the sinks and showers. All of our sinks get hot water just fine. The showers do not. We just replaced the cartridges in both showers (old ones still looked fine - had been replaced several years ago). We also have a circulation pump on the hot water line - we can hear it run - don't think anything is wrong with it since we get hot water at the sinks. We've removed the shower heads and turned the water on. Plenty of water comes out, but same problem with the hot water. Any thoughts? Our brains are fried now.

Check out some similar questions!

Suddenly hot water is cold in showers only [ 3 Answers ]

Good afternoon - I woke up this morning to discover that the 3 showers in my townhouse have only cold water (2 on the 3rd floor one in the basement/1st floor). The sinks in all of these bathrooms, the kitchen, etc still have very hot water but when I turn on the hot water faucet in the showers...

Hot water cold showers [ 1 Answers ]

I just moved into our new home at the end of June. Showers were working very well, even when we had all 3 running a couple of weekends ago when friends were visiting. The day befirre yesterday the showers starting running cold and not warming up at all even though the water from the taps is still...

Hot water in sinks, cold in showers [ 3 Answers ]

We just moved into a new house yesterday. The hot water in all of the sinks in the kitchen and bathrooms work fine. However, none of the showers get hot. The showers simply have one control to turn them on, no temperature adjustment. Any ideas why this would be? HELP!

Hot water in all three bathroom sinks BUT no hot water in the showers [ 2 Answers ]

We have recently purchased a new home. We had an inspection and all hot water was fine. After we closed and as we are now moving in over the next month we have discovered that all three showers don't have hot water. There are three full bathrooms in our new home. The Master has a separate tub (hot...

Hot water in all sinks but not in two showers [ 8 Answers ]

I've been searching the website, and found some useful information about changing the cartridges and such. However, I am confused about why I would have hot water everywhere except in two of the three showers. The guest bathroom has hot water in the shower, it is also closest to the heater,...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.