Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mr Don D Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2013, 12:58 PM
    Harbor Breeze fan installation
    My Harbor Breeze has black, blue, white and green wires. The ceiling wires are black, white, red and bare. I know that the black goes to black, white to white and green to bare. Does the blue wire go to the red wire? Also, the old fan was controlled by 2 different wall switches, 1 for the fan and 1 for the light. How do I wire it?
    AnswerMan5000 Posts: 186, Reputation: 3

Jul 22, 2013, 01:22 PM
    Here is a guide for ceiling fan wiring. It has a step by step of the different wire colors you will find.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2013, 02:09 PM
    Put the blue on the red and the black to black, should have both switches hot one controlling light, one controlling fan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installation of harbor breeze ceiling fan [ 6 Answers ]

My harbor breeze ceiling fan has white, black, and blue wires coming from the motor assembly. My ceiling has 2 black and 1 white wire. The ceiling fan which I am installing has a light kit. Can I twist the two black wires in the ceiling together and connect them to the black and blue wires twisted...

Harbor Breeze Avian ceiling fan - no installation instructions; [ 1 Answers ]

Hi -- my husband is halfway through installation of a Harbor Breeze Avian ceiling fan and can't figure out how to get all the 'stuff' like the remote control box back up inside the fixture to close it up. There are no instructions in the box. Can anyone explain how to do this. The wiring is done...

Having trouble with ceiling fan installation for harbor breeze fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have installed a harbor breeze ceiling fan for a friend. The light works fine but the fan is not working at all. Any ideas what I might do to correct this??

Installation of a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan [ 3 Answers ]

I have assembled this fan, and installed the bracket into the junction box, and am ready to wire, but the instructions for a closemount say to insert one small screw into the canopy, and into the bracket, so that you can let it hang to one side while you connect the wires. There's only one...

Harbor Breeze ceiling fan installation [ 2 Answers ]

I mounted a Harbor Breeze Cheshire ceiling fan(hugger) and we can only run it on low or medium because the whole thing spins on high. You are suppose to be able to lock it in place, but I can't see how. It has a horseshoe shaped piece that you are suppose to use but I don't see it. Can someone...

View more questions Search