Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laborintensive Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2013, 02:16 PM
    Air conditioner blower not working
    I just replaced the capacitor and thermostat for my 2nd floor air conditioner less than 2 months ago. The A/C is Trane and the thermostat is Honeywell. After getting these items replaced, the a/c worked fine. A few days later, the blower just stopped. The thermostat works and so does the A/C fan. I checked the circuit to see if it had tripped and it had not. I flipped it a couple of times and eventually the blower started working again. I had to increase the temperature until the thermostat shut off and then gradually decrease the temperature to "jump start the blower. Now, it has been nearly a week since the upstairs blower has worked and nothing seems to be working. Because we had a lot of rain and the temperature was lower, I made do with a fan - but now we are supposed to be in the '90s all week. Help!!
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2013, 04:07 PM
    Have you tried setting the tstat to fan/fan only , not on auto ? Does it work then? If not it probably time to replace blower motor
    laborintensive Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2013, 04:19 PM
    Yes, I did set it to fan only and nothing. Wow, how long is a blower supposed to last? The first floor unit is fine. Thanks for responding!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My furnace, air conditioner and blower all stopped working [ 5 Answers ]

I replace the battery in the t-stat, cdovered the wires that a weed eater had uncovered, threw breaker switch.

Air conditioner blower motor how to know when bad? [ 0 Answers ]

The air conditiner seems to short cycle even though the house is plenty hot. The air comes out nice and cool as low as 58f to 59f. When I was checking the unit the coil's seem to over cool when the fan shut off and the compreesor was still going. I turned the unit to fan only it would run for a...

Air conditioner blower will not shut off [ 1 Answers ]

MY Homes ac blower will not shut off. The compressor is cycling as required. But, the blower motor will run continuous. I have changed the thermostat and the control board. I am not sure which direction to go from here.. Any Ideas Thanks in advance,

Central air conditioner blower [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings, The blower of my Carrier WeatherMaker 8000VS is not working. I tried to turn on the air conditioner, and noticed the blower not powering on. Just under the twinning buss connector, there is a red LED which is constantly on when I try to turn the blower on manually. Do you believe...

Blower on Air Conditioner not working [ 1 Answers ]

The unit outside comes on and the fan turns, however in the house no heat or air is coming out. What is the problem?

View more questions Search