Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AKRealist Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2013, 08:00 PM
    Shower hot water leaking again
    Hot water is electric tank, 10yrs old. Few months ago the hot water dripped and I made do with a washer I had. It went from no leaks to free flowing as washer broke apart in 2 months.

Replaced with specific shower washer that was a perfect fit. No leaks, gentle turn to close the water. Didn't replace the hardware as I would have had to replace the cold water one also and that one has some corrosion on it and I couldn't budge it. Didn't seem to be any need to replace the hot water hardware-it all looked clean, no nicks or corrosion anywhere.

3 months later, woke to my hot water running pretty freely again. Haven't opened it again yet but to flow freely like it was, this washer has to have broken too.

Any ideas why it keeps repeating? I've changed washers and done modest home plumbing and never had repeat problems.

Zero plumbing issues before this and no other problems in the house. We shower at the gym at least 3 times a week so we don't even use the shower all that much.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 13, 2013, 09:31 PM
    When you replaced the washer did you replace the seat?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do we have no hot water pressure since replacing leaking hot water pipe [ 3 Answers ]

We replaced a section of hot water pipe that was leaking and so had to turn off our home's main water supply (it was off for about 24 hours). The pipe is now fixed but we have no water coming out of hot water taps, except a trickle when the cold water taps are also open. We have tried opening all...

Leaking Galtmaster shower hot water tap [ 3 Answers ]

My hot water tap in my shower won't turn off completely. Hot water drips from the faucet. I've tried removing the handle to get to the guts of the hot water tap, but the handle won't come off. It's an older Galtmaster 3 handle faucet (hot, cold and diverter). Does anyone know how to get the...

Low pressure in shower both hot and cold side. New hot water heater, new shower, [ 2 Answers ]

I have no water pressure in my new shower. I have a new hot water heater, new shower fixture, new plumbing. Please tell me what the problem is.

Hot water handle leaking when shower is turned on [ 4 Answers ]

My hot water handle leaks when I turned the shower on... it doesn't leak normally when running a bath or when it is turned off... it's a relatively new setup.. not sure what trype it is...

Leaking Shower Head (hot water) [ 1 Answers ]

I've been having a problem with the shower in my basement. The hot water is leaking from the shower head when the hot water is turned off from the knob. It started as a slight drip but now it is a steady stream. In the meantime, I have turned off the hot water connecting to this bathroom as to...

View more questions Search