Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1955smiller Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2013, 12:51 PM
    Best shade to use over dye that turned hair a dusty red shade
    My hair was colored yesterday and it turned a dark blonde color - Not what I wanted... then they put a light golden blond over it and it turned dark reddish brown. My hair was gray mix to start with. Only wanted a light ash brown color.
    I have used dish soap, olive oil, and ion Clarifying treatment. Now the dark brown color is gone, but the dusty red exists. How can I get rid of the red?
    manan91391 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2013, 01:32 PM
    Red is hard to hide, but look for a hairdye with ash tones to it (it should say on the box or go into Sally's and look at one of the books). Ash negates red.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get my hair from purple/red back to its natural shade of blonde? [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed my hair bright red, but it kept fadding so I dyed it purple, the red still shows through, and I want to get it back to blonde soon as possible, without going ginger for too long. Cna you help me please?

Which shade of blonde should I use to dye my hair? [ 1 Answers ]

I have dark brown hair and eyes My skin is light tan My is currently red brown / burgundy.

Is it OK to bleach little bit of hair before applying shade of red [ 0 Answers ]

I have dyed hair twice recently to get it red as was bleach blonde before on top half of my hair.. I now want to re lift sum of the top layer of hair a bit brighter... will putting on sum 20 vol peroxide to lift it yelowy and putting on a lighter shade of red to my current red... you see the hair...

My hair was supposed to be medium auburn and it turned out a purple shade, what to do? [ 2 Answers ]

I just dyed my hair medium auburn and it turned out a purple shade. How do I lighten it up without damaging my hair? Its way darker than the box showed and definitely not medium auburn. :confused:

Getting the right shade of red on grey hair [ 1 Answers ]

I have had 3 hairdressing Salon attempts to get dark red hair with no root glow. The first gave me loads of highlights and the rest brown - too light The second (same hairdresser) covered the highlights and coloured it supposedly red but turned out dark brown - too dark. The third insisted on...

View more questions Search