Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curly1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2013, 11:38 AM
    Copper drain pipe leakage problem
    I have a copper pipe exiting the outside wall approximately one foot above ground level with excessive draining. The ground at this point is about 2 inches under water. What cause this and how can I repair it?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2013, 12:50 PM
    THe ground isn't absorbing the water as fast as its being pumped out to it.

We are going to need to know a lot more info... such as is this from a sump pump... have you been having a lot more rain than usual like some of us... etc...
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2013, 01:28 PM
    T&P valve from hot water heater leaking?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2013, 03:15 PM
    If you trace the copper pipe you may find it is connected to the Water heater T&P valve, if it is then this sound that the T&P valve is leaking, it will leak if you have high water pressure or high temperature inside the water tank, First please confirm that this pipe is coming from the T&P valve and we tell you how to fix, Thanks.
    John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Copper Shower Drain Pipe [ 10 Answers ]

I ripped out my old acrylic shower base and planned to replace it with a new tileable shower base. The problem is once I removed the shower base, I found that the drain pipe was copper not PVC (I should have known, house was built in the 60's). I have not been able to find a brass drain for a...

1 3/8 copper drain pipe to 1 1/4 ptrap [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1 3/8 copper tube drain pipe coming out of the wall and 1 1/4 p-trap chromed copper I understand that the 1 3/8 is actually nominal size for 1 1/4 tubing but I need to know how to step it down to a 1 1/4 inch for my drain size? Its also exposed so would like to make it look clean.

Can an Oatey ABS No-caulk shower base drain be used with a copper drain pipe? [ 5 Answers ]

I am replacing a free standing Spartan shower with an inexpensive Swanstone free standing shower. The Swanstone comes with an Oatey ABS drain. My question is: can this plastic drain be used with my copper drain pipe? The pipe is extending up over the cement floor by an inch. I believe that I must...

Sink copper drain pipe leak [ 3 Answers ]

Hi,under my kitchen sink the drain goes through the normal trap then into the wall where it is connected to a 1.5 inch copper pipe . This pipe runs on a slant to the main drain in the basement.the first six inches of the copper pipe runs level then through a elbow on the slant to the main drain.the...

3/4" copper pipe for washer drain? [ 20 Answers ]

Parents moved into new ranch style house, and bought new washer/dryer. Drain for washer is what looks like a 1" copper stub with a 3/4" conversion fitting on it. Its about 6" off the ground. plastic bendable hose drain for washer has a rubber gasket-type fitting around it which fits in 2" PVC...

View more questions Search