Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MushtaqBaaser Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2013, 10:15 AM
    Does a pregnant women have to fast in holy ramadan?
    Assalam o alaikum,

If a women is 3 or 4 months pregnant, does she have to fast in holly Ramadan?
    If no, what are the conditions, Please answer me in details soon as possible.

Thank you for the great service as provided.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 12, 2013, 10:54 AM
    Fasting is fardh (obligatory) for adult Muslims, except those who are ill, travelling, pregnant, diabetic or going through menstrual bleeding.

Full details are in Wikipedia
    saaboon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2013, 02:52 AM
    Worth reading and talking to your doctor and a scholar: http://ramadanfastingandpregnancy.wordpress.com/ - lots of detail, gives Islamic and medical evidences and basically says its safe to fast if healthy and that minimum requirement is that she has to at least try then see how she goes
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Jul 14, 2013, 06:47 AM
    Fasting during ramadan is completely related to your will and faith plus your health.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ramadan fast [ 1 Answers ]

If husband is with fast in Ramadan fast and wife is not because of periods and husband get wet by wife romance what Islam say?

Can women break fast like flapjacks and bacon, or what? [ 32 Answers ]

I'm 28 years old, and one year ago, I met a 20 year old girl. We did the dating thing for a few weeks, things then got more physical, and before we knew it - we were professing our love for each other. At the time we both thought that we couldn't be more perfect for each other, blah blah blah......

Could I be pregnant? I need help fast [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my last menstraul cycle wAs January 24-jan 29th. In February I had some spotting on the 19th-21st. Every since the spotting I have had cramps, lower back pain, nausea, been really tired. A day of sore breasts. I took a pregnancy test on the 28th and it was negative. My nose has alos been...

Is a women permissible to fast when menstruating? [ 2 Answers ]

Salam, forgive me brother naik, if it is a silly question.. but a sister mentioned to me that it is permissible to fast when menstruating? Is it correct or false - please could you provide me with evidences from the Quran, Jazakallah so much... Walakumsalam...

View more questions Search