Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    knoseworthy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2013, 09:45 AM
    Condo Shared Plumbing
    We live in a condo. Our unit is above the garages of all of the other units in the building. Our AC condensation drain line (I'm not sure if that is what it is called) backed up and caused a flood that went into the neighbor's garage. The plumber came and blasted some air down the line, which took care of the backup on our end, but made a mess in the neighbor's bathroom.

Obviously we are sharing a drain or vent with the neighbors someplace along the line. To me if the air came out in the neighbor's bathroom, there is probably still some sort of blockage someplace. We had the same problem two years ago.

The HOA is dragging their feet on having things checked out and I just wanted to make sure that I am thinking logically before I start nagging them about it.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 12, 2013, 09:56 AM
    Nag formally by sending them a certified letter outlining the issue with this COMMON property. You do not own the pipes inside the wall, the association does and they must insure they are working.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Condo plumbing damage [ 0 Answers ]

Lisa, I own a condo in NJ. A plumbing pipe which apparently took waste from my upstairs neighbor to the sewer had a hairline fracture and was slowly leaking. The pipe was completely behind a wall in my unit. After my tenant was having coughing issues, she found some black mold on the wall. A...

Condo Plumbing Water Leak [ 33 Answers ]

I live in an 8 unit condominium in Florida. I have had it confirmed by two plumbing companies that there is a water leak in the concrete in the master bathroom. The copper piping is set in concrete. They tell me I have to have the whole condo unit, mine, repiped. Who's responsibility is this? The...

Undisclosed plumbing issues in condo building [ 2 Answers ]

I recently bought a condo in Southern California. (Less than two months ago) Pipes have burst in the wall flooding out a couple of neighbors but they do not adjoin my unit. In talking with some of the other neighbors, this is the third or fourth time this has happened within the same units over...

Condo plumbing problems [ 4 Answers ]

I live in a lower condo. My neighbor'd washer & dryer are right above mine. When I wash I have no problem. When they wash it floods the floor in back of my washer and runs into the hallway. It was snaked from the roof however it still happens. Who has the problem? One plumber said the upper unit...

New condo problem plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

Hey there, I purchased a new condo (renovation, top to bottom) in Aug 06 and have had a number of plumbing issues. Sewage in basement, backed up kitchen drain/food disposal, no hot water in the shower, and now a leaky bathroom sink. Is it usual to have issues with new plumbing or have I bought...

View more questions Search