Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crawf309 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2013, 04:20 PM
    Is shale low or high metamorphic grade?
    I have to put the following rocks in order of increasing metamorphic grade: gneiss, phyllite, schist, shale, and slate. I know that from lowest to highest it goes- slate, phyllite, schist, and gneiss. However, because shale is a parent rock, I'm not sure where it fits in the order. Where does shale fit on the level of metamorphic grade?

Check out some similar questions!

4-Day Low Grade Fever is Now a High Grade Fever (103.5) [ 4 Answers ]

My husband has had a low grade fever (99-101) for 4 days and it jumped from a low grade fever to high fever (103.5) within an hour. He has been getting fluids (Powerade Zero) and taking Advil every 6-8 hours for the last 3 days. The Advil appears to lower his temperature slightly. He complains of...

Dodge stratus air conditioning high side has low and low side has high pressure how [ 0 Answers ]

Our dodge stratus 2001 air was cooling and then not cooling then cooling again Took it to our mechanic he said he did not know how to repair. The compressor was good, but the high pressure line is now low pressure, and the low pressure has highest pressure, he said he did not know what was causing...

Low to mid back pain with low grade fever for almost a week [ 0 Answers ]

I have had lower-mid back pain with feeling of pressure in pelvic area (no pain) and fevers and chills for the last 7 days. They have done ultrasound of bladder and kidneys and cannot find anything. It is definitely worse when I am working. I have to take 2 extra strength every 4 hours or the...

Chain pull hunter, no middle speed. Starts high, then low, then low, then off. [ 1 Answers ]

Three speed hunter ceiling fan. 8 years old. Pulling chain was guessing game. Never knew what speed you'd get, Had to keep trying to turn off, never worked like it should. Had a handy man put a new switch in, now it starts in high speed, then low speed, and low speed again, then off. Can't get...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.