Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JAPZ098 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2013, 07:50 AM
    Lowering creatinine level
    What is the best herbal medicine to lower creatinine level?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2013, 08:22 AM
    Why do you feel you need to lower it?

Creatine - MayoClinic.com
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 11, 2013, 11:09 AM
    Creatine is organic acid in a physical body (simplified explanation).

I think OP means creatinine related to kidney function. High levels of creatinine mean reduced kidney function leading to renal failure.

OP needs to tell us which one he means but I suspect it is CREATININE. Answer would depend on what the level is.
    Expert

Jul 11, 2013, 11:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Creatine is organic acid in a physical body (simplified explanation).

I think OP means creatinine related to kidney function. High levels of creatinine mean reduced kidney function leading to renal failure.

OP needs to tell us which one he means but I suspect it is CREATININE. Answer would depend on what the level is.
    You need to cut out coffee, tea, red meat, white bread, sugar alcoholic beverages.

It isn't herbal remedies you need but eating healthy to lower creatinine levels.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2013, 11:41 AM
    That's what I was thinking too... it being an indicator of other things going on in the body. Mine was out of wack for over a year after my last surgery.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2013, 02:43 PM
    Chamomile tea brew yourself and don't add sugar. I think lemon is good too. You need to watch your potassium and phosphate levels
    Expert

Jul 11, 2013, 02:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    Chamomile tea brew yourself and don't add sugar. I think lemon is good too. You need to watch your potassium and phosphate levels
    Yes, potassium and posphate levels means no red meat, but only way to control this is by regular blood tests which I hope the OP is having done with his doctor.
    NobleHospital Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2014, 02:57 AM
    Vegetarian diet
    Avoid creatine supplements
    Avoid strenuous physical activity
    Nettle leaf tea: drink 1 to 2 cups a day. Nettle leaf tea is a simple yet powerful kidney tonic that can improve kidney function and reduce serum creatinine levels.
    Chitosan: Chitosan maybe be better known for weight management, but believe it or not it has another trick up its sleeve. Chitosan supplementation in clinical studies reduced urea, creatinine and cholesterol levels in the blood, and increased haemoglobin production in patients with chronic kidney disease. I recommend a dosage of 1000-4000mg a day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Lowering of Creatinine level [ 0 Answers ]

Have read your blog about reducing creating. My medical history is as follows: I am 63 year old male, weight around 92.6 kg, height 6ft inch, blood pressure aound 133/83,creatinine level on average 230, medium drinker. I had aortic valve replaced 3 years ago, NOT a diabetic , increasing...

My creatinine level has gone up from 1.1 to 1.3 [ 1 Answers ]

5 years ago, I had renal cell carcinoma. I have 1 Kidney now as 1 was removed due to renal cell carcinoma. Today I got my routine blood test done. Creatinine was until now 1.1 but it has become 1.3. The limit is 1.4 Further in my Hepatic Biochemical profile, my Albumin (in Total proteins) has...

Sump pump lowering toilet water level? [ 3 Answers ]

In my house its sounds like the sump pump kicks on and sucks the water out of the toilets lowering the level. It does this often, maybe once or twice a day. Does this sound familiar to anyone and is this harmful?

View more questions Search