Ask
    salvatore301 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2013, 07:45 AM
    Am I a veteran
    I served in the us navy from 10/77 till4/81 am I considered a veteran
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 11, 2013, 07:49 AM
    What kind of a discharge did you receive?
    tsila1777 Posts: 138, Reputation: 18

Aug 19, 2013, 08:15 PM
    Yes you are, and I want to thank you for your service.

I assume you got an honorable discharge which makes you eligible for VA benefits. Is there a VA hospital near you? They can help you with medical, vision, hearing and other problems you may have. My husband got a medical discharge, he and I went today to have a hearing test, the dr. said he would qualify for hearing aids. He also got his glasses from there and medications. Again thank you and God bless.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 20, 2013, 03:31 AM
    A veteran is someone who served in the military. Doesn't matter whether you saw combat action or not, if that is what you are asking.

Why are you asking?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 20, 2013, 07:42 AM
    I agree, in the general term, a veteran is anyone who served in the military there were many years when there was no war, or many serve and never get into a war zone.

Is there a reason for this ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I considered a veteran [ 13 Answers ]

I survived boot camp and a few weeks of medical training and got out of the Army, am I considered a veteran?

Am I a veteran? [ 1 Answers ]

I joined the Naval Reserve on 17 Jan 1955. I attended Reserve boot camp at Bainbridge,Md in April 1955. I attended The US Naval Academy for two years from June 1956 to June of 1958. I then was a memner of the naval reserve from June oe 1958 to May of 1959. I moved to Nh and was told I would be a...

What is a veteran [ 3 Answers ]

I am never certain when in a situation where people are asked if they are veterans of military service or just if they are veterans or if they served in the US military what I should say. I have always thought of a veteran as someone who served in the regular military during wartime but on one...

Am I considered a veteran [ 3 Answers ]

I served in the airforce national guard during the Korean war but did not see any active action--I served for seven years

Am I a veteran [ 1 Answers ]

Am I a veteran if I served only 9 months during gulf war in 1994 an received a general discharge?

View more questions Search