Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    woodsley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2013, 05:04 AM
    My toilet tank won't fill up
    When I flush my toilet the tank takes forever to refill, sometimes 30 minutes or longer. I replaced the flapper in case that was the problem, it isn't. If I detach the fill tube from the overflow tube whilst the tank is filling, it fills up in seconds because the water is coming through the fill tube fast. The problem would seem to be in the overflow tube. Do I need to replace the overflow tube or can it be adjusted in some way? Maybe there is a blockage , how can I tell?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 11, 2013, 07:03 AM
    Which fill tube's yours? Back to you, Tom
    Attached Images

woodsley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2013, 02:29 PM
    Closest diagram is the one on the right (colorful)
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 11, 2013, 03:59 PM
    I set the tank level by adjusting the height of the float ball.
    There are two ways to do this, 1) by adjusting the screw on top of the ballcock, **or** 2) (My personal favorite) Grasp the rod just ahead of the float ball, (do not grab the ball itself) with one hand and next to the ballcock with the other.
    Bend the rod up to increase the tank level and down to decrease the level. The tank level should be set at 1/2 inch under the top of the white overflow tube. Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Tank Won't Fill [ 2 Answers ]

The toilet does not re-fill after flushing- innards were replaced not too long ago. I have to fill the tank with a gallon bucket two times, occasionally more, in order for there to be enough water to flush. What can I do to fix this?

Toilet tank won't fill [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I have a toilet that has always been slow to fill but now it won't fill at all. What do I look for? Thanks.

Toilet tank won't fill? [ 3 Answers ]

After flushing, there is no water running back into tank to refill. What can I do besides adding water to the tank maually?

Toilet tank won't fill up. [ 11 Answers ]

The rubber tube goes into the fill tube but just continues to run water and not fill the tank.

Toilet tank won't fill up [ 1 Answers ]

Our toilet just started this problem. When you manually fill the tank it flushes with no problem. But then the tank won't refill on its own. It has always been a slow filling tank, but now doesn't fill back up at all. I have also tried adjusting the water supply valve but it still doesn't help the...

View more questions Search