Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stormyobaby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2013, 12:29 PM
    Hot water tank
    I have no hot water pressure... ive replaced the breaker the wiring and the elements.. water is luke warm in spurts but is still cold.. ive reset it and still no hot water or pressure... what can I do?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 10, 2013, 12:50 PM
    Replace heat sink nipples.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 10, 2013, 02:08 PM
    Hi Stormyobaby

Sure sounds like you replaced a lot of stuff without testing anything... always a shame to hear that!

Sounds like you replaced all electrically, but did you replace the upper thermostat? If not, did you press the red reset button on the upper thermostat? If not, I'd reset the red reset button and since it is the only original electric part left I would replace the upper and lower thermostat as they are super cheap and easy to swap out.

Next, you may want to remove the heat trap nipples (or a Harold called them, heat sink nipples) on the top of the water heater (see image). While the nipples are removed you would pull the DIP TUBE (see other image) from the cold water supply and you would check to be sure it is whole and that it has not fallen into the water heater.

Start there and let us know if you have questions, OK?

Mark
    Attached Images

hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 12, 2013, 08:06 PM
    (or a Harold called them, heat sink nipples)
    Thanks Mark, guess I was thinking of heat sinks like in electronic components. Must have had the wrong head on. I'll try to do better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My hot water tank is back pressuring into my cold water tank [ 1 Answers ]

Can anybody help me?? I am getting hot water going into my cold water tank, and this is causing water to come out the overflow. If I run the hot water tap it stops, and then when the hot water tank has filled again, the cold water tank overflow starts again.

Why is new 50 gal. Hot water tank running out of hot water during a 14 minute shower? [ 4 Answers ]

Drip tube needed replacing in 4 year old 50 gal. tank so we did that but it did not fix the problem. With a full tank 1 person could have about a 7 minute shower as hot as you want it but then you have to start turning off the cold to make the shower go 15 minutes. Next we replaced the tank with...

Low hot water pressure to tub (only) after replacing hot water tank [ 1 Answers ]

I just replaced my hot water tank and installed a new one. Now, the hot water pressure in the shower/bathtub (only) is weak - all other faucets seem normal, and the cold water in the shower is fine. Water pressure was fine before I replaced the tank, the problems with the old one were that the...

Replaced a hot water tank,water is not going to the pressure tank-the pump stays on [ 2 Answers ]

Replaced a hot water tank, turned the pump on and the water is bypassing the pressure tank. The pressure tank will not fill up and the pump remains on and will not shut off. We do get water though but needs to shut off the pump so it will not burn out. Any thoughts? Thank you Any ideas will...

View more questions Search