Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Y2KDragon88 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2013, 12:19 PM
    Looking for a Swan shower tub strainer body...
    Hi, Greetings.

I am looking for a shower tub strainer body. On the corner of the shower tub, there is "Swan KD-3636" marking on it, and we need a piece of the Strainer body. According to my friend that I need an original brand 2-inch strainer body because there is tiny leaking when someone is taking the shower in the tub. Or I need something else?

I am trying to find it on the Internet, but no luck. Can someone help please. Thanks.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 10, 2013, 05:05 PM
    Hi Y2KD88

Your post is not clear...

Is this a shower or a "shower tub" as you posted?

If this is a shower then any common shower strainer assembly should be able to be changed out.

However, when I see SWAN I think swanstone and you can try their website at: Swanstone Products

I am glad to discuss more if you want.

Mark
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 11, 2013, 04:11 PM
    Are you looking for a drain or a strainer? Back to you, Tom

Jul 13, 2013, 08:35 AM
    @Mark, it's a standing shower tub... I think that's what you call it, isn't it?

@Tom, I am looking for a strainer body (** I found online, and I think that's what it is called). My friend told me it should be a 2-inch wide, and 2-inch long with screw threads, a piece of hardware right under the strainer or a piece of hardware on top of the drain pipe. I hope I did make it clear above.

Thanks for both of your help.

Jul 13, 2013, 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by massplumber2008 View Post
    Hi Y2KD88

Your post is not clear...

Is this a shower or a "shower tub" as you posted?

If this is a shower then any common shower strainer assembly should be able to be changed out.

However, when I see SWAN I think swanstone and you can try their website at: Swanstone Products

I am glad to discuss more if you want.

Mark
    @Mark, it's a standing shower tub... I think that's what you call it, isn't it?

Jul 13, 2013, 08:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1 View Post
    Are you looking for a drain or a strainer? Back to you, Tom
    @Tom, I am looking for a strainer body (** I found online, and I think that's what it is called). My friend told me it should be a 2-inch wide, and 2-inch long with screw threads, a piece of hardware right under the strainer or a piece of hardware on top of the drain pipe. I hope I did make it clear above.
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 13, 2013, 10:04 AM
    A shower is a shower and has a 2" drain.

A tub/shower combo. has an 1.5" drain and an 1.5" tub waste and overflow assembly.

Are you looking for a strainer (see image) or a tub waste and overflow assembly (see other pic.)?
    Attached Images

Jul 13, 2013, 07:51 PM
    The pieces under the strainer... looks like that white piece. Thanks.
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 14, 2013, 06:28 AM
    The pieces under the strainer
    You have indicated a drain. Is this for a shower or a bathtub? Why are we having so much trouble getting information from you? Back to you, Tom
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 14, 2013, 06:33 AM
    Yeah, I have to admit there is definitely a problem communicating here, but at this point I think I understand... ;)

You are talking about a SHOWER (not a shower tub or a tub) and you need the ENTIRE SHOWER STRAINER ASSEMBLY... not just the parts below the strainer, OK?

My advice to you is to purchase a 2" PVC coupling, some 2" pipe (small piece) some PVC cement and PVC primer, some silicone, and a new SHOWER STRAINER ASSEMBLY.

Cut the pipe under the shower, remove the old strainer and install the new strainer.

That is EXACTLY what you need to do here.

Good luck!

Mark

Jul 14, 2013, 09:02 PM
    Tom,

Yes, It's a shower. Sorry, It's not difficult getting inforamtion from me; It's just that I am not plumbing savvy, so it was difficult for me to describe it. Thanks.
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 15, 2013, 07:37 AM
    Click on Google for selections and instructions on how to install, Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower drains strainer [ 0 Answers ]

Where can I find a shower drain strainer for a Flo-Rite Drain, Listing No. 16966.

Shower strainer replacement [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had problem of water leaking from the shower area. The technician who came to check it out says the shower drain strainer need to be replaced. My questions are: (1) He says in order to replace the drain strainer he has to cut a hole below the floor in order to reach it. Isn't the...

Tub drain center hole too big for strainer screw [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all. I bought a fancy, "universal" shower drain strainer for my boyfriend's bathtub (which had no strainer). It came with a 1-3/4"-long screw, about 11/64" in diameter (I don't know anything about screw sizes so I held it side-by-side with some drill bits we had and it was the closest match :o )...

Replacing shower/tub valve body [ 2 Answers ]

I am remodeling my bathroom. I need to replace the shower/tub valve body. My galvanized pipes are rusting out. I have a three handle system. Hot, cold and diverter. I have two bathrooms which are built back to back. I have one set of incoming water lines. A previous owner repiped and brought...

View more questions Search