Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nasir Shah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2013, 10:48 PM
    Do I have to pay Zakat for my lands and houses even if I don't have the money?
    Hi,

I have some lands and houses but no money and I can't sell any from my property because the market is very down so therefore do I have to pay Zakath for my property?

Thank you.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 9, 2013, 10:56 PM
    If the answer is yes, how will you do it?

That's like suing someone that has no money. You may be due the money, but you can't get blood from a stone, so it's a moot point.

So what if it's "Zakat"? If you don't have the money, you can't pay, not matter what, right?
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Jul 23, 2013, 09:57 AM
    You have to pay taxes for your earning and property. If the market is down, you can still get some money out of it. Land of law is applicable in all situation. You are not bankrupt.
    dyes Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2013, 01:00 PM
    Zakkath is cumplsry for every muslims.. If u don't have enough money right now,just calculate your 2.5percent wealth rate by current date and try to spend it for poor peoples as your convinience by small amount.. Try to complete it before next ramzan.. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a money judgement on me don't think I should pay [ 2 Answers ]

judgement a judge gave my slam landlord a money judgement landlord had no rental license code validation black mold in the apartment

View more questions Search