Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Janet Bowman Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2013, 06:37 PM
    I think I got bit by a spider in between my back and tail bone. It hurts / can't walk
    I got a bump that has green and brown puse coming out when I busted it. It smelled nasty when it came out.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2013, 06:38 PM
    You need to get to the ER. I know people that lost toes from spider bites
    You can try soaking the area in saltwater three times each day. Add 1 tsp. table salt to 1 liter of water that has been boiled (and cooled) for sterilization. Pat dry and cover with a fresh bandage after each soak. If you do not know what type of spider has bitten you, have the wound examined by a doctor before using saltwater to cleanse the wound.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 9, 2013, 06:40 PM
    Sounds more like a pilonidal cyst. Either way, you need to seek immediate medical attention.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 9, 2013, 06:42 PM
    I've never seen a spider bite that had green and brown puss... it sounds more like an infection and I would agree with what J9 said here.
    Expert

Jul 9, 2013, 06:44 PM
    I've seen many a pilonoidal cyst working in the ER. My son also had one. The "pus" you describe is typical of this kind of cyst.

Jul 9, 2013, 06:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    You need to get to the ER. I know people that lost toes from spider bites
    You can try soaking the area in saltwater three times each day. Add 1 tsp. table salt to 1 liter of water that has been boiled (and cooled) for sterilization. Pat dry and cover with a fresh bandage after each soak. If you do not know what type of spider has bitten you, have the wound examined by a doctor before using saltwater to cleanse the wound.
    If not a spider bite could it be a sweat bump that has gotton infected
    Expert

Jul 9, 2013, 06:48 PM
    It is most likely a pilonoidal cyst. Please seek prompt medical attention.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2013, 06:50 PM
    I think J_9 is right. I never had a cyst that popped though. You need to clean it but get to the dr for the best way to clean it and things to do for it.

Jul 9, 2013, 06:52 PM
    OK thanks a lot for your help. I been taking some antibotic yesterday hopfully its not to bad
    Expert

Jul 9, 2013, 06:54 PM
    You need to go to the doctor and have the infection cleaned out. Just taking antibiotics alone won't get rid of it. It will need to be cleaned and packed with antibiotic packing then dressed properly.

N0help, I also work in the ER, I've seen them pop on multiple occasions. Not to mention that my son had one, it popped.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 9, 2013, 09:20 PM
    NO, you do not just take some second hand medication, that is for something else..

You go to doctor, get it drained and looked at, and receive proper medication.

If you did not want proper medical advice, why ask,
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 9, 2013, 09:25 PM
    I agree with J_9. It sounds like a pilonidal cyst. I had one in college. The infirmary put hot packs on it for two days until it broke and drained. I then limped along until the summer and finally had surgery to remove it. (I was told it would reinfect now and then, and that the only permanent solution was surgery.)
    Expert

Jul 9, 2013, 09:27 PM
    With that said WG, surgery is not always a necessity these days. Although I have a nurse friend who had surgery last year, it was for reoccurring cysts. Now we open them, drain them and place antibiotic packing in the wound. It may or may not reoccur.
    Expert

Jul 9, 2013, 09:29 PM
    I just didn't want to scare the OP with the surgery idea.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 9, 2013, 09:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    With that said WG, surgery is not always a necessity these days. Although I have a nurse friend who had surgery last year, it was for reoccurring cysts. Now we open them, drain them and place antibiotic packing in the wound. It may or may not reoccur.
    My cyst excitement was back when rocks were cooling, so I'm sure medical science has come a ways since then. (But I got a cute little scar out of it!)
    Expert

Jul 9, 2013, 09:49 PM
    Yeah, there are a lot of new options now. One of the girls I work with had surgery but that was because her cysts kept coming back year after year. My son didn't even need the packing even though he ended up with MRSA in his.

The best thing for the OP to do is to get medical attention. I read an article lately about spider bites. "Most "spider bites" are not actually spider bites according to researchers and several recent studies."

The surprising cause of most 'spider bites' | Fox News
    Entomology Expert

Jul 9, 2013, 09:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post

The best thing for the OP to do is to get medical attention. I read an article lately about spider bites. "Most "spider bites" are not actually spider bites according to researchers and several recent studies."

The surprising cause of most 'spider bites' | Fox News
    See that? I've been telling the tales of the innocent and often blamed spider but people always blame spiders... poor things.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 9, 2013, 10:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    See that? I've been telling the tales of the innocent and often blamed spider but people always blame spiders....poor things.
    Hey! We adopt and name the spiders at our house. And I want one of those spider bot thingies. I already have a name for it.
    Entomology Expert

Jul 9, 2013, 10:04 PM
    I don't want one of those spiderbots... I NEED one!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Swollen, red knee. No visible injury but hurts a lot. Hurts more when I walk. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I skateboard and weeks back, while going downhill, I sped up a little too much and so I fell on the road. I had normal skateboard injuries, nothing that I had not seen before and now it is all fine. However, after University today, I felt that my knee was hurting a lot even when only the cloth...

Pain at the end of my tail bone [ 1 Answers ]

I have a pain at the end of my tail bone and the pain intensifies when I go from lying to sitting and from sitting to standing up. The pain is piercing continuously.

Tail Bone [ 5 Answers ]

Okay so my tail bone has been hurting for about 4 days now and I just took medicine to help the pain. It hurts right below the top of my butt crack, where the bone sort of sticks out. Does anyone know what is wrong? And what can I do to treat it?

My dog ate a pork bone three days ago and am a bit worried. [ 10 Answers ]

My dog ate a pork bone three days ago , I have been keeping an eye on him and he has been sleeping a lot . But mostly farting wow all the time is this normal?

Gymnastics injury to tail bone I can't exercise hevaly whate to do? [ 1 Answers ]

I hurt my taile bone doing a back tuck .an docter said that I hae to waght 2 weeks then come back for an x ray. Till then no heavy exercise .wiche for me is horrible I base my day on exercise of a nice porshone of it I am thinking of doing a strict diet for the time I am out .the worse part is the...

View more questions Search