Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jasonodom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2007, 12:36 PM
    Old 70's or 80's movie (possible made-for-tv)
    Hello,

There's a movie that I've been hunting down that I cannot seem to get any help with. Hopefully someone on this site will be able to help :o

When I was growing up in the 80's, my mom had recorded this movie about a woman who had gotten into a plane wreck and survived. She had a husband and kids, and the husband, along with the community tried finding her for days, possibly weeks. At the end they did end up finding her by noticing a portion of the plane.

I don't remember many of the specifics of the movie, only that she was able to find an apple to eat, and the community helped the family in any way they could (I specifically remember someone bringing them KFC or Pizza Hut).

It may have been a made-for TV movie (Lifetime possibly); the reason I think that was because my mom was constantly glued to Lifetime growing up. Any help is appreciated!

This site is awesome!
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2007, 12:57 PM
    Ack! Jason! Ack! So many to choose from. Hmmm. I can't say that I remember that one so I am going to post what I think it might be. If there was only one woman, based upon the dates you have supplied, please check this out:

And I Alone Survived (1978) (TV)

If this isn't it, and there might have been another survivor with her or if there is any other info you can add (although you have done a pretty decent job here), please let me know. I will try my best to track this down for you! :)
    jasonodom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2007, 03:15 PM
    Thanks for your help, but I don't think that would be the movie. I don't remember Dan Ackroyd in it at all (If he were in it, being like 3 or 4 years old when I first saw the movie, I would have been like "hey that's the ghostbusters guy!"). I honestly don't remember any of the actors in the movie though.

That site says the movie was "told through the eyes of....". If that means its narrated, then I know that's not the movie. There wasn't a narrator. Also, I don't know what the ending of that movie was about, but I do remember the end of this one was simply the husband finding the woman. She was admitted into the hospital, and her kids came and hugged her, and that was the final scene of the movie.

I wish I could be more helpful in clues, but I can't. I'm thinking the movie was an 80's movie as opposed to the 70's. Thanks so much for your help in this! That at least narrows it down a little haha.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2007, 03:39 PM
    Jason honey, Dan Ackroyd isn't in that movie. There is an actor named David Ackroyd. And the reviewer who wrote the review might have meant "from her perspective" and wrote "told through the eyes of" to make themselves sound smarter. :p Those reviewers are people like you and me.

If you are remembering this movie from the perspective of being a child, a lot of times our memories get a bit skewed. You might want to rent it and see if it is the one. That is the best way to find out for sure. Frankly, I am having as much trouble as you have had in trying to find an airplane survival movie with just one woman. That was the only hit I got. But, I will not be defeated! LOL I will keep trying for you. AND, someone else may stop by and know it automatically. That happens quite frequently. Thanks for your patience! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late 70's Early 80's Cult movie [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find the title of this movie. It was about some dorky kid who spilled something or drank something and turned into some kind of mutant thing and started killing off everyone who abused him. It was a really bad movie but I need to see it again. The kicker here is that I just...

Name of a Children's Fantasy Movie Made in the 80's, Maybe 70's. [ 3 Answers ]

This vague memory of one of my favorite movies as a child is making me caccaccrazy! This is what I remember: A small child, I think a little girl. Somehow this puppet-like fantasy animal crosses over into her world. She, or he possibly, befriends him. The little animal at one point is trying to...

Looking for 70's / 80's movie title [ 1 Answers ]

I've been looking to identify the title of a horror movie I watched as a kid. The plot of the movie included "little people" that lived in the fireplace and only came out at night / in the dark to lay razor blades, etc for the unsuspecting homeowners. Does anyone remember this movie and happen to...

An animated movie with animals from 70's or 80's like animal olympics [ 2 Answers ]

I remember different animals all doing different olympic events and there were these two cross country lions with this great background music and the lions didn't talk, but you could hear their thoughts to each other. There were many other events and animals, but I can't remember much else. I...

80's or 70's movie [ 1 Answers ]

I've been trying to find the title to a movie I only seen once when I was about 7 years old... All I can remember is a woman cocooned in a bath room and a young boy collects large eggs that come out of her... And I remember the end a woman picks up one of the eggs and a claw comes out of the eggs...

View more questions Search