Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roughneck42 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2013, 04:45 PM
    My neighbor took his l120 in to replace the drive belt but still won't go up hills
    My neighbor took his john deare into have the drive belt replaced and spent 500 and still won't go up hills the rear end is making a huming noise so how can u check the fluid on it if its sealed
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 03:16 PM
    Hi,
    It is either the pump or the motor or both that are down on tolerances. It is likely that Tuff-Torq has updated versions of them. If you pry out that round plug at the high part of the transaxle, the oil level should 1 3/8" below it. It uses high quality 10W30 to add.
    There are videos on YouTube about replacing the pump and motor assemblies, both are generally done at the same time. There are also a pair about upgrading the machine to a K66 transaxle.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drive belt slips when going up small hills. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1996 MTD Ranch King, 18.5 hp, 46 inch mower deck. When I go up small inclines in 3rd gear or higher, the belt between the engine and the variable speed pulley slips. I thought a higher spring tension on the transmission belt would help, but it doesn't. I have disassembled the variable...

Replace drive belt john deer l120 [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remove the stering column to replace the drive belt

Replace drive belt on L120 John Deere [ 3 Answers ]

I have a L120 John Deere Lawn Tractor and need to replace the drive belt. It looks like you have to remove the steering column in order to do so. Any help on how to change it would be greatly appreciated.

JD L120 Drive Belt [ 2 Answers ]

Where is a good place to purchase the correct trans drive belt for the L120? What is the part number for the belt?

View more questions Search