Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nafeesaw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2013, 11:32 AM
    Can your name on your birth certificate be different than your social security card ?
    I'm having this problem now and I am a newly married muslim American. I've tried several times do a simple driver's license transfer from PA to GA. When I received a copy of my birth certificate, I found out that my non custodial father changed my last name for religious reasons. He never completed this name change with the soc sec admin. My PA driver's license has my original last name as I obtained all my IDs with my original birth certificate.

After being misinformed several times by Georgia dot reps on what steps I need to take. I've given up and just renewed all my PA ID's and registration. Costly, because I still have to get this straight. Why should I have to go all of the way back to PA to change my name.

And oh yeah my husband has the same last name. So why should I have to pay for this??
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2013, 02:18 PM
    You need to go through the social security office to straighten it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth Certificate different last name from Social Security Card [ 7 Answers ]

I hope I'm on the right forum for this question and I really hope someone can help--I went to the DMV recently to file for a address change on my license, the DMV told me that since the name on my social security card didn't match the name on my license, I would not be able to update my address and...

Dads last name differs on his birth certificate from his social security card [ 4 Answers ]

Can anybody give my family some insight on this question. Birth certificate also has his aunt and uncle as mother and father. He's now almost 60yrs old has never had a copy of his birth certificate until today. How that's possible I do not know We're all ever confused. Help would be appreciated.

Birth certificate and social security card [ 1 Answers ]

If the non custodial parent request a copy of our child's birth certificate and social security card and I withhold it, will that hurt me in court?

Different name on social security card and birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

My birth certificate has my first and last name only but my s.s card has my first name and last name but it also has my moms last name as my middle name. I never use it but I don't know if it's easier for me to put on my birth cert. Her last name as my middle name or should I just take it off my...

View more questions Search