Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ssowmiyas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2013, 08:17 PM
    Rituals to be followed by intercaste marriage of brahmin mudaliar
    Hi,

We are Brahmins. My son(younger) loves a mudaliyar Girl. Both of us agrees and they are getting married soon. My doubt is: is he able to perform his rituals? I mean Avani avitiam etc. Can my would be daughter-in-law assist me in all my poojas and ceremonial functions?
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Jul 8, 2013, 07:51 AM
    Congrats but the question should be under hindu section. I'll try to answer, your daughter in law can assist you in all rituals and puja and your son also take part in both side rituals. Haldi, mehandi, sangeet are common rituals in most of families. If you have any specific rituals then discuss it with bride prior so she can adjust her timings. Your son should perform upakarma or avani avaitiam prior to wedding on specific muhurat. You should specify what rituals you wish to know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brahmin/Muslim marriage. [ 3 Answers ]

My name is prashanth. I'm a Brahmin from Chennai. My girl is a Muslim. We both are doing our BE together. We both fell in love and decided to carry on with our relationship after a month long discussion. We couldn't live without each other. So decided to be together and face whatever problems come...

Is the marriage between a brahmin and bhumihar intercaste marriage ? [ 0 Answers ]

Is the marriage between a Bhumihar and a person with Pathak as the title(Probably a Brahmin by caste) an intercaste marriage ?

Brahmin Marriage [ 1 Answers ]

Can a Trivedi marry a Bhatt? Hopefully you will be able to help me.

View more questions Search