Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    minatek616 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2013, 03:25 PM
    Ssi help
    A friend has been disabled since she was a child and her parents have been in charge of her SSI. She is now in her mid twenties and wants to take responsibility of the SSI, but her parents don't want to let it go. What needs to happen to make this change? Are there numbers to call and forms to fill out?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2013, 04:09 PM
    She needs to first check if she was declared unable to care for herself up into her 20,s . Then she needs to basically do what is required to gain ownership of her SS through the SS office.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On SSI was sued in small caims court, is my SSI exempt? [ 6 Answers ]

Being sued by credit card co. is my SSI exempt?

In FLORIDA 23yr old son receives SSI will SSI affect his child support amount he rece [ 7 Answers ]

We live in Florida. My 23yr old mentally retarded/autistic son receives SSI and I want to know if the SSI he receives will be adjusted in the amount of child supportthat his non custodial father has to pay. Will they deduct the SSI amount from the amount of child support due thereby reducing the...

Can spouse keep SSI on dependent if they are paying ch suppt and it's less than SSI? [ 0 Answers ]

Husband will be paying 20% which is only 200 monthly. But he gets $400.00 addit for our son from SSI. Can he keep that amount even though I have custody? He says he will give the $400.00 to me, but the legal forms says child support is 20%, which will be less than 400.00. Doesn't really matter...

Can children of a disabled parent who receives ssi also get ssi checks? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I apply for my 2 babies to receive ssi checks... I've been receiving an ssi check since I was about 18.. the mother of my babies is living back at her mothers because her mother has sarcoma cancer and had her leg amputated up to the tip and the cancer then spread to her lungs so she is...

View more questions Search