Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unicornhorse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2013, 12:23 PM
    How to find my daughter in NJ?
    My daughter is in jail somewhere in NJ. How do I locate her.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 7, 2013, 01:15 PM
    How did you find out she's in jail?
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Jul 8, 2013, 07:53 AM
    If there is law of right to information you can use it. Apply for the list of female prisoners in jail.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2013, 08:38 AM
    "if there is law of right to information you can use it. apply for the list of female prisoners in jail."

And where and how would the OP do this?

To OP - start with a letter here: State of New Jersey, Department of Corrections, PO Box 863, Trenton, NJ 08625
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 9, 2013, 10:02 AM
    No, there is no "list"

Also there is a difference if she is in jail, merely arrested, waiting for trial, or if she is convicted and is in prison.

She has the right to contact YOU if she wants to talk to you.
    So why has she not told you where she is at ?

This information about her arrest will be on the NCIC report, but most likely you will have to get an attorney, petition the court and prove there is a need for you to know where she is.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2013, 09:17 AM
    They have websites that you can see who is in jail and their docket number, brief reason they are there, etc...

New Jersey Courts
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 29, 2013, 09:42 PM
    NJDOC Home Page

This site has an inmate locator.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2013, 07:12 AM
    I am not certain that people in "jail" (vs prison) are listed. It does not appear that they are, based on numbers only.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adult daughter in jail and still threatening and manipulating me [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. I have an EXTREMELY manipulative, volatile, 23 year old daughter who is in jail, probably until January,2012. I have guardianship of her baby, and she uses the baby like a weapon against me - every time the slightest little thing upsets her, she rages at me and tells me she's calling child...

My daughter might be going to jail wants to sign over [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter might be going to jail. She wants to sign over rights to me and her father. What kinds of steps need to happen? Does this mean no one else can get them from me?

Is my 25 year old daughter headed for Jail? [ 59 Answers ]

My daughter is not like she used to be at all!! She gets very angry at a moments notice. We have verbal fights a lot more than we used to. What concerns me is her behavior. I will no longer go anywhere with her when she drives... she will go anywhere from 15 to 25 miles (from what I have seen while...

I want to adopt my fianc?'s daughter, the father is in jail [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I want to adopt my fiance's daughter and her father is in jail. He will be in jail until 2017. I live in Georgia. Please give me specific instructions. Is this possible? Her daughter is 17 ad wants me to adopt her, and I want to sooooo bad. Please help.

Should I let 20 year old daughter go to jail [ 15 Answers ]

My 20 year old daughter has over 4 unpaid traffic violations (2 for speeding), and has not told us about it or shown up to court. Well needless to say she now has a bench warrant out for her arrest. She has bounced several checks, one of witch is her car payment. Looks like it will take about $1200...

View more questions Search