Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Waltond1997 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jul 6, 2013, 03:03 PM
    Need help, want to send a fanmail
    I'll be specific here, I want to send a fanmail to the tennis player Sabine Lisicki, been a massive fan of hers for years now and I just think she plays some fantastic tennis and has been playing incredible this year and at Wimbledon has really come on to a game. Not to mention the fact I've got a slight crush on the girl as well. I basically want to send a fan letter to her, but I've never done it before and I don't know how to go about it. Also, never too sure how long these sort of players take to reply? Not that I'm impatient, but I'd just like to send something and get a reply if possible, how would I go about it anyone?

>threads merged<
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 6, 2013, 03:21 PM
    This might interest you (see Contact on the far right) --

www.sabinelisicki.com

Fanmail --
    Sabine Lisicki
    5500 34th Street West
    Bradenton, FL 34210
    USA
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 6, 2013, 03:23 PM
    This is her official web site:

Sabine Lisicki - Official Website - media company - english

And this is her Facebook fan page.

https://www.facebook.com/SabineLisickiFanPage

Jul 6, 2013, 04:39 PM
    What sort of things do I put in a fanmail? :/
    A previous question I wrote on here when I said I wanted to write a fanmail to Sabine Lisicki, the tennis player, was answered brilliantly and I thank the guys who answered it, but I'm not too sure what kind of stuff people usually put in a fanmail? I could really use a hand here :/. Also, if possible, does anyone know how long tennis players or sportsmen in general take to reply to fanmail? Im a patient person but I'm just curious, I know there's a big chance she won't reply anyway.

>threads merged<
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 6, 2013, 04:51 PM
    (You should have added this using the Answer button on your other post.)

Fanmail should be short. I would limit it to 3 sentences of 20 words each, max. It's OK to say something about her tennis style AND having a crush on her, but please, don't expect a response. You may get a secretarial response such as 'Sabine thanks you for your kind words.'
    They have to be constantly afraid of stalkers, and worse. I've seen some of the horror stories of deranged fans breaking into houses and bedrooms, making false claims of romance, and so on, because they believe they do have a relationship. She can't possibly know who is just a genuine fan with a crush vs someone mentally ill.

Why not practice here? Write 3 sentences and see what people think.

Jul 6, 2013, 05:09 PM
    Thanks for replying man and Im new to this site, I didn't see the button on the other post, my mistake. Il give it a go here and you can tell me how it sounds please? Im not really expecting a response, just want to give it a go anyway. Ok, here goes:

"Dear Sabine,

I've been a long-time follower of your tennis and want to say congratulations on your recent performances. You've been an incredible performer and played sensational tennis this year which deserves a shoutout. The way you smile all day through the match is such a breath of fresh air to the game and I wish you luck in the next tournament.

From a fan, David :) x"

Im rubbish at this fanmail stuff :/
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 6, 2013, 05:59 PM
    That's rubbish? It's just right. Send it now! Who knows... let us know if you get a response.

Jul 6, 2013, 06:08 PM
    Thanks man I will do that, you've been a massive help to me, and I will!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I send my adult son a birthday gift when he usually doesn't send me one? [ 13 Answers ]

My son will be 26 in March. He has always been a good kid and is usually very thoughtful. The one thing that bothers me terribly is that he doesn't send me a birthday gift or card. He always remembers to call. He also doesn't send any gift/card to his dad. Sometimes, he willl remember us on...

Should I send it? [ 61 Answers ]

Threads merged I have been no contact for a month in a half. She just texted me happy birthday. Should I reply. This is the first time in a month that I have heard anything from her. I know all she is trying to say is happy birthday and there is no hidden message. Should I say thank you or just...

When to send a W9 [ 4 Answers ]

It is not clear to me when I have to require a W-9. It seems clear when I use services preformed by an individual or business, but do I have to require one for every single payee? Eg. Phone service (ej: Bellsouth) Freight (Fedex) Supplier of Goods purchased for resale Good consumed (eg...

Can't send from OE [ 1 Answers ]

Can't sen email through outlook express said my number are in valid

View more questions Search