Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danagregoire Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2013, 10:08 PM
    How to set up a trust
    Hello my name is Dana.
    Our 7 yr. old son has absence epilepsy and is about to undergo a lot of testing and start the ketogenic diet to try and control his seizures that are at 30 or more a day.
    Because I have to do all the very detailed cooking and care for our little warrior I am unable to work to help my husband with our monetary needs for our son. Hospital bills keep coming etc. and we are quickly becoming buried and unable to handle it all. Soon we will be going to the LA Children's Hospital for a week to do all of this and it's going to cost a lot of money to do so. We had thought about setting up a fund for him but don't know how to do that. I think people would want to help if they know the money goes somewhere it can only be used for his medical needs and bills. Can anyone tell me what might be the best way to go about this?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 6, 2013, 05:39 AM
    You aren't talking about a trust, but a foundation. I would talk to the financial people at the LA Children's hospital about helping you do this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to set up a trust fund for medical and related payments [ 1 Answers ]

How to set up a trust fund for medical and related payments

How to set up a medical trust fund [ 1 Answers ]

How to set up a medical trust fund

Do I need to set up a Trust? [ 12 Answers ]

I have life insurance but I'm not clear on exactly what a trust is. Can someone please tell me more about setting up a trust? As the sole provider of my toddler son, I want to make sure that all my ducks are in a row should something happen to me. I don't know much of anything about wills and...

My grandparents set up a trust in West Virginia. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I would like some information on trusts. My grandparents set up a trust before they passed away some 22 years ago. I really do not know anything about the trust or how much money and property they had. I have tried to keep out of this part of the family "secret" all these years, but it is...

Revocable Trust (Grantor) Trust w/3rd party trustee [ 2 Answers ]

It was my understanding that if a grantor set up a revocable trust and a third party (let's say a bank) was named as trustee, the trustee was required to file a Form 1041. I am unable to locate any IRC or other guidance that would confirm or deny this. Please help. Thank you. Diana

View more questions Search