Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fustrated Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Mar 25, 2007, 09:11 AM
    homework break-even take a look is this correct?
    Hi
    I would appreciate it if someone will check out my problem and see if I did it correctly, and if not help me out.
    Thanks

The problem is:

Currently, the unit selling price is $30, the variable cost, $14, and the total fixed costs, $96,000. A proposal is being evaluated to increase the selling price to $34.

a.) compute the current break-even sales (units).

b.) Compute the anticipated break-even sales (units), assuming that the unit selling price is increased and all costs remain constant.

This is what I came up with, is this correct?
    a.)$96,000/16 =6,000 units
    b.)$34-14= $20 unit contribution margin, $96,000/$20=4800 units
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2007, 01:29 PM
    PART A
    Selling 30x
    VC 14x
    CM 16x
    Less Fixed Costs 96,000
    Net Income 0

16x = 96,000
    x = 96,000/16 = 6,000 units

PART B
    Selling 34x
    VC 14x
    CM 20x
    Less Fixed Costs 96,000
    Net Income 0

20x = 96,000
    x = 96,000/20 = 4,800 units

Conclusion
    Yes, your answers are correct.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting the correct lead [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... I am having a really hard time getting my horse to pick up his right lead. Other than the basic/standard positoning for the lead does anyone have any suggestions or ideas to help him pick it up? Thanks. Kim

Do I need to correct my W2 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi TaxExpert, I have been working in the US from March 2006 and my wife joined me in August. I got my W2 with taxable marital status as Single. Can I go ahead with filing my returns with this W2 (beacuse now it is too late to get it corrected). Please help me out... Thanks...

Correct accounts? [ 2 Answers ]

Could someone please let me know if I am doing this properly. Thanks. Question: Sold merchandise on credit to Leroy Hackett, invoice # 854 , $15,800.00 (cost of sales $1027) Do I enter this information into merchandise inventory, PST payable, GST payable, Sales, Cost of goods sold, and...

What is the correct way? [ 2 Answers ]

My parenst own their house and want to put my name on the trust. However, I'm married but my parents do not want my husband to have his name on it. What is the correct ways of doing this? Nikki

Is This Correct? [ 13 Answers ]

Could someone tell me if I have these correct and if not what'd I do wrong. Thank you. January 8 Purchased a one-year insurance policy, effective February 1, for $3,360. Debit: Insurance Expense Credit: Prepaid Insurance Completed several consulting jobs, which totaled $52,000. Cash of...

View more questions Search