Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    corktrenoineue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2013, 02:22 AM
    Does anyone know the way to find and purchase eco-friendly coffee and just pay whole
    I live in Sweden and the price of transport is high. It becomes difficult to manage it at all, should you add this to already expensive costs for eco-friendly coffee!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 5, 2013, 02:41 AM
    Because coffee deteriorates rapidly and you don't want to buy in bulk if you can't use it right away, I don't see an easy way to save money. All I can think of (if this is for something like a coffee shop) is to either negotiate a discount based on a contract for X years of regular purchase, or buy green beans in bulk, and buy a roaster.
    Fair trade coffee does indeed get more and more expensive in order to pay decent wages, or course, but more and more countries are subsidizing coffee growers to try to counteract the growing of various plants for illegal drugs. More production, hopefully lower prices. Also as coffee gets more expensive (and popular) more people are finding ways to grow the beans in areas of the world that didn't before. Unfortunately the increasing popularity helps drive prices back up. Hence it's an ever fluctuating commodity.
    Maybe you could form a buyer co-op in Sweden to buy in bulk, and cut out one level of suppliers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I find a dog friendly short term apartment in San Fran? [ 1 Answers ]

I've literally spent days looking through listings on all the usual sites (eg airbnb, craigslist, roomorama, vrbo, homeaway) but can't find anywhere so does anyone have any fresh ideas they could give me? I have been volunteering in Thailand for the past year and have adopted two stray dogs who...

Is my house haunted by a friendly ghost.. Or demon.. What can I do to find out? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, can someone please help me I have been living here with my mom and two kids for ten plus years.. Its our dream house we built here. So we are the first occupants.. A few years ago I was sleeping and woke up around 3 am (I cheched the clock) to a burning smell in the house.. I sat up in bed...

Where to find Cost Effective and Advantageous Eco Friendly Rugs [ 1 Answers ]

Need durable, cost effective, widely available and also pollution free eco friendly rugs.

How many spoonfuls of coffee ground should I use to make the perfect cup of coffee? [ 32 Answers ]

Hi guys! This may be a dumb questions but I just want to know how all of you make your coffee. The way I make mine... I usually go by how many cups I'm making. For example, if I make 6 cups of coffee, I'll put in 12 spoonfuls of coffee ground. Basically I use 2 spoonfuls per cup. Sometimes I...

View more questions Search