Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alenzif Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2013, 03:31 PM
    I'm receiving money from out side the country is it taxable
    If I want to do service business to buy cars for my customers in over seas ,and they wire the money to my bank account to buy the cars for them ( since they pay me my fees $150 for the service ) is the cars money taxable or just my fees ?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jul 4, 2013, 03:59 PM
    Just your fees are taxable for income taxes, but for sales or ad valorum tax, the car money is taxable
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 4, 2013, 03:59 PM
    This is a business, so you report all income, ( prices of cars) and then show what you pay for the cars as an expense.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jul 4, 2013, 04:11 PM
    Fr Chuck's way is actually the correct way to account for the cash flow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Receiving money as beneficiary [ 1 Answers ]

State of New Jersey... Mom passed away 2 weeks ago... I am her daughter and executor... once the will is probated, how do my sisters and I actually receive the funds that we are inheriting from her?

Receiving and sending money abroad [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if there is a limit on the amount of money one can send abroad yearly and if it affects that the money is being received by my person in my US bank account and then being sent abroad. Also, do I have to pay taxes on the amount I am receiving (money is for payment of work being...

Legality of receiving money from another country. [ 1 Answers ]

I received an email from someone telling me I have won a lottery of a great amount of money. Over $500,000.00. I am to send to Nigeria $100.00 by Western Union today. The man told me by email that this money is in the form of a bank draft which I can cash at any bank. So far they have not asked...

Whether it is a taxable interest income since the principle came from other country [ 3 Answers ]

Q1: My mom from Hong Kong gave me $37,000 to deposit to my US bank, the original purposes was to pay my tuition in US college. I ended up getting a scholarship, so I had the money on CD and earn est. $1500 interest in a US bank in 2007. Would this interest counted as taxable income while I am using...

Receiving money? [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I received checks for my pension plan from a place of previous employment. I was confused because I was not there long enough to be fully vested, so I called the mutual company and they said that in their contract it said nothing about being vested and that the money was mine. I even...

View more questions Search