Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    martyb1943 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2013, 09:09 AM
    How to fix a settling above ground pool
    I installed a 24 foot round above ground pool two summers ago. This will be the 3rd summer. I just noticed that one area of the pool is settling. We had to do some leveling before the pool was installed. The contractor dug in on the high side and compacted sand on the lower side. He compacted it with a machine and said it would be fine. Can I somehow bring it back to level without completely removing it and starting over?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2013, 09:48 AM
    A problem with the sand compaction should have shown up before now. Depending on your location, possibly frost heave played a role as soil doesn't always return to its original elevation after deep freezes. Or heavy rains or other underground conditions may have saturated the soil under the pool.
    I know little about above ground pools, more about compaction, soil moisture content etc. to be honest. But a foundations contractor or consultant may have some ideas. That will get expensive fast, of course.
    My experience is in road construction. When we have an area of subgrade which "pumps" or distorts under loads, we want to be able to excavate a few feet down and see what's there.
    Sometimes it's an underground spring, wet clay, bad drainage or even trash from previous use of a property. Once again, I don't know much about pools, but you have to compare the cost of some specialized operation (jacking etc) with the cost of draining the pool, excavating the suspected area and placing underdrain and/or a high quality backfill.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to fix a above ground pool wall [ 1 Answers ]

I had a pool installed by company that I would never use again and after the pool was filled we noticed that some of the sand that they used to birm the the wall on the inside was not as it should because of shifting and adjusting. In one small area I can feel the lower track against the liner....

How to fix above ground pool walls [ 2 Answers ]

I have an above ground pool with rusting walls and 2 small holes . Howcan I fix?

How to fix grooves in the floor of my above ground pool [ 2 Answers ]

We have a 24 foot round pool that has washed out sand and left big groves on the floor of what we call the "deep" end. It is located directly across from the skimmer and return. Is there any way to empty the pool completely, pull the liner back and add more sand to level it out? Then re-install...

Fix hole on outside above ground pool [ 7 Answers ]

My husband whole mowing threw a rock that put a small hole in the outside of our above ground pool. It did not penetrate the lining but we are afraid it may by the jagged edge. How can we fix the hole?

View more questions Search