Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    irishandnoluck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2013, 06:42 PM
    False positive for an oral test for ethanol
    I am completely abstinent from alcohol and probably haven't had a single drink for 120 days or more yet I failed an oral test for ethanol.Im baffled .Keep in mind it is probably at least a 12 panel test through the courts and this is my second false positive in 3 months.Somebody please give me an intelligible response to why or how this could have happened.Thank you.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 2, 2013, 06:47 PM
    Do you use hand sanitizers, mouthwash containing alcohol, OTC cold meds containing alcohol?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

False positive hep b test?? [ 0 Answers ]

I have had 2 tests come back positive for hep b... but my levels are always 0. but I checked my medical records from high school and I had the vaccination. I just recently found out I have fatty liver.. my ? Is can a fatty kiver cause a false positive hep be test?

False Positive Pregnancy Test [ 7 Answers ]

I was wanting some sympathy I went to the doctor last Thursdayto have some blood work done since I had not started my period. They took a urine pregnancy test & there WAS a really faint line - which suggested that I was pregnant. I was SOOOOO excited! I was really surprised because I didn't really...

Can drinking an energy drink before having an oral swab test cause a false positive [ 1 Answers ]

This test was sent to a lab and not one that was read on the spot. The results came back positive for methanphetamine and anphetamine as well as methadone. The only one that was in my system was methadone because I am on a maintenance program. I have been unable to provide a urine sample for the...

How likely is it that I got a false positive on pregnancy test? [ 2 Answers ]

I had my tubes tied may 10 2010.I had my period this month but it only lasted 2 days,which is not norma,and I've been getting these flutters in my lowewr abdomen.so I decided to take a pregnancy test just to see.I bought a box of 2 ept digital readout tests and the first was negative.well about 4...

False-Positive Drug Test [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has been in pain mgmt for several years. At his visit on Friday, he was given a UA drug screen and tested positive for cocaine. He had a kidney removed 2 yrs ago due to cancer. He hasn't had any further treatment for that. He is a diabetic and is on glyburide. He also is on...

View more questions Search