Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shadowon6thst Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2013, 11:46 AM
    Is there a ghost or are my family my friends and I all going insane?
    The other night my boyfriend and I were chatting on the couch. I heard someone tip toeing across the floor upstairs. Everyone other than us who lives in this house was out of town in different states. When I asked him about the noise he said we used to have raccoons and mice living under the floor. I told him to listen harder and he mad a funny look like it wasn't normal. I said to him that it sounded like a little kid tip toeing upstairs. So we kept listening and the noise kept going then stopped so we just continued chatting on the couch. My boyfriend the next day tells me about the time his brother woke up in the middle of the night to a shadow that looked like a man and just stood there.his brother yelled at him the next day for waking him up. My boyfriend never did that and their dad doesn't live in this house any more. Another time I was painting my bed room in this same house and my Pandora station skipped two songs and it never does that to me. Immediately after I hear skipping down the hall and a little girl giggling. Just today I was finishing painting my room and I hear someone playing with our dog . So I come down stairs and as I walk down the stairs the last thing I hear is that giggling again. I open the door and our dog is passed out asleep on the couch like I left her 30 minutes ago. When I brought this up to my friends they were all saying they always feel another presence in the house but it was never a bad feeling
    So I guess my question is are we going crazy or is there a ghost in our house and is it something I should worry about?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2013, 12:24 PM
    If you are a religious person, contact a clergyperson and ask him/her to come to the house and drive out the spirits.

I'm not a believer, but other people are. I don't find skipping songs to be a sign of anything. Sounds? Maybe. Of course, dogs are highly attuned to things like this and the dog doesn't appear to be noticing anything.
    shadowon6thst Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2013, 12:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    If you are a religious person, contact a clergyperson and ask him/her to come to the house and drive out the spirits.

I'm not a believer, but other people are. I don't find skipping songs to be a sign of anything. Sounds? Maybe. Of course, dogs are highly attuned to things like this and the dog doesn't appear to be noticing anything.
    I'm not one who believes but I don't not believe if you know what I mean. I'm not trying to drive It out if its not anything bad or scary but I don't know I guess I just wanted to see another opinion on weather or not it's a spirit or just a coincidence. I might go to the library today and look up a file on the house an see what's happened there/ who's lived there . But thank you for the advice! : )
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jul 2, 2013, 01:40 PM
    If multiple.people are having experiences in the home then I'm sure you guys aren't crazy. Never base spirit activity solely on electronics acting up once or twice. If this begins to get overwhelming for those living in the home contact some local churches who will work with you in removing it.
    eota666 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2013, 06:32 AM
    Electronics are going to act up from time to time, that's nothing to worry about. The dog sleeping through this stuff doesn't mean it doesn't notice anything, it just means he/she isn't alarmed.

You may have a spirit "living" in your home, but if they aren't causing any problems aside from a couple of small jokes like skipping songs on your player, and all of your instances are that of a small child. I wouldn't think it would be anything to be alarmed about. You'll see a few things moved once in awhile, hear some whispers, but I doubt you'll have anything bad.

If you want to know more about it, looking up some history on your house is a good idea. Maybe try looking up some newspaper clippings, see if anything happened to a little girl there.

You can also try communicating with the spirit itself. Get some of those refrigerator magnets with all the letters and words. Leave a message, a question or something, and see if she responds.

-edit: I misread the part about the dog. There are a lot of possibilities when it comes to animals. The spirit may have had a dog that died with her, or one that came back to her after it died itself. It could be another trick played by the ghost herself, or it could even be your dog having a spiritual playtime outside of its body with her. Animals are much more in tune with the spiritual world than people are, and your dog may have developed the ability to leave its body while sleeping. Again nothing to be alarmed about. Out of body experiences during sleep are just like dreaming ninety nine percent of the time and are nothing to be concerned about.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2013, 07:01 AM
    You might be able to check the history of the house and find a family fitting a dad, daughter and dog. Start by asking neighbors that lived there a long time, city records, etc...
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2013, 07:37 AM
    I am 71 yrs old, live in a house built in 1940, and YES, I do believe in Spirits. Anyone who has witnessed happenings, such as white figures appearing, then going away suddenly, creaking stairs when no one is there, and others, will believe.
    You are not crazy. I have seen a 4 ft by 2 ft. mirror held in place on a bathroom door by 6 secure screws, pulled at the middle, and "popped" across the floor, 10 ft. away... could not have happened without something pulling at the mirror, hard, in the middle.
    I have place tools in one place while working on something in the house, then leave the room, reture in 15 minutes, and some of them will have been placed in a different place.
    These spirit means us no harm, but is definitely real!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2013, 02:07 PM
    My friend lived in an attic apartment two towns (6 miles) from me. I had him and his girlfriend visit me. We were sitting in the front yard and they were describing to some of my other friends the little girl that wears a flowered sun dress (even said the colors of the dress) bouncing a ball off their bedroom wall. Turning the TV on and off as well as the bathroom light. One of my neighbors happened to be walking past and said his exact address including attic apartment. All 3 of us looked at her shocked. Then she said that use to be her sisters apartment and she continued to say everything they had just said even though she hadn't heard most of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to become friends with ghost? [ 4 Answers ]

My house is haunted and we didn't know and moved in it keeps on making sounds and not letting us get our mail and keeps messing with the computer I don't know if its watching me type this so I should stop HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Should I make friends with my ghost [ 11 Answers ]

I don't know if this is severe but for as long as I can remember my house is haunted but the last time I was really attacked was like 7 years ago when I was possesed. Well the attacks have seemed to stop and now he seem to just make himself know by noises. I'm living in the basement where I believe...

Boyfriend's Family is Scary Insane! [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't had too much experience with families that were using and cruel (probably sociopaths). I did have a friend when I was a young teenager who's family was almost close to comparable, but her older brother is now serving time in prison (for life thank God!) for kidnapping and brutally...

2 members of my family have seen the same ghost come through our wall. [ 2 Answers ]

Can you tell me a bit more about it. Please. Its no harm, I'd just like to know why it visits them.

View more questions Search