Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gemypoo7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2013, 07:31 PM
    Is it possible for lights to turn on by themselves?
    My family moved into a 100 year old house about 3-4 months ago. My mom can sense spirits and stuff (hard to believe but true) and we were a little hesitent to move in but we did. Anyway, my mom just got home, went to the bathroom and when she came back out she turned the light off, then out of the blue, her and my step dad watched it turn on then off again. My exact question is, WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED?? My cat is now staring in the bathroom, in the dark bathroom and I'm freeked out!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2013, 07:47 PM
    Ghosts can turn lights on and off.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 1, 2013, 07:47 PM
    Sounds like a defective light switch. And cats make it their business to stare. They sit on their haunches and stare when they aren't sleeping or eating.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jul 30, 2013, 02:32 PM
    They watched the switch physically move, or just the lights being on and off?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 30, 2013, 05:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Sounds like a defective light switch. And cats make it their business to stare. They sit on their haunches and stare when they aren't sleeping or eating.
    Yes mine is usually tracking a big bug that she would like for an after dinner treat
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 30, 2013, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    ghosts can turn lights on and off.
    Only if they want to make a statement
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 30, 2013, 05:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    ghosts can turn lights on and off.
    So can electrical problems, which is much more likely in a 100 year old house.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jul 31, 2013, 12:49 AM
    I would look into electrical problems first. I suspect a worn out switch.

But I would not rule anything out until I was satisfied I knew what the electrical problem was for sure.

IF it continues that would give the "ghost" cause more reason to be investigated.

But like Alty says, it is a hundred year old house.
    sammybaby199 Posts: 66, Reputation: 7

Aug 15, 2013, 08:10 AM
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. You said the house is 100 years old right? You should probably have an electrician check it out just to make sure it doesn't have faulty wiring and to make sure it's not a fire hazard.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to turn lights on [ 1 Answers ]

My room have a Ac-552RM44A-1 Ceiling fan. How do I turn the lights on? Does it needs a Remote or so?

Turn signal lights work but brake lights do not work [ 17 Answers ]

My automobile turn signal lights and brake lights share the same filament in bulb. Turn signals work so bulb is okay. Brake lights do not work. Have checked the switch at brake pedal and it is okay. What else could it be?

Why is my ceiling fan lights blinking, when I turn on my lights. [ 2 Answers ]

My ceiling fan lights blink when I turn on my ceiling fan light... It does this when the fan is on or off... I have fluorescent lights the energy kind in my ceiling fan. My fans are 2 yrs old... And they are Harbor Breeze kind..

Kenmore dishwasher won't turn on-cycle lights work, option lights don't [ 0 Answers ]

My Kenmore dishwasher (just under 4 years old) stopped working today... the "cycles" lights on the left all turn on still, but the "options" lights on the right (which includes the start button) won't turn on, which means I cannot start the dishwasher. I made sure the child lock was off, and reset...

Lights turn on by themselves! [ 0 Answers ]

This is a Hampton Bay ceiling fan with lights. We've replaced the battery in the remote and the lights still turn on by themselves at various times.

View more questions Search