Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Funnygirl85 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2013, 04:47 PM
    Is my manager flirting with me?
    I started working at a retail company about 4 months ago, I am in my early 20's and my boss is probably in her 40's. She is a lesbian and married, I am a lesbian and single. I have not told her directly that I'm a lesbian but I'm pretty sure that she knows, most people at my work know anyway.

Now, there have been times where she has walked by me and I wouldn't notice and she will playfully push me on the shoulder. She is very playful with me. She calls me by a nickname, and she has rubbed me on the shoulder before as well. One time a group of the managers were standing in a circle and she was leaning against her door, I walked by without looking at her and she pushed me as I walked by. Could this be a sign of attraction?

We also tease each other a lot, we say mean things to each other without actually meaning it. What do these things mean?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2013, 05:12 PM
    A. It means sexual *harassment* in the work place. B. She is married and would you really want to be the cheating home wrecker? C. It may not mean anything cause there might be a dozen more females in her life that she treats like that because of attraction. D. If she is really interested in you the *proper* thing to do would be wait until she divorced her husband to pursue anything with you or whomever.
    Funnygirl85 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2013, 05:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    A. It means sexual *harassment* in the work place. B. She is married and would you really want to be the cheating home wrecker? C. It may not mean anything cause there might be a dozen more females in her life that she treats like that because of attraction. D. If she is really interested in you the *proper* thing to do would be wait until she divorced her husband to pursue anything with you or whomever.
    She has been married for 10 years to her wife. I don't want to break up her marriage, I was just looking for some advice on this topic.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2013, 05:20 PM
    My advice is not to go anywhere with her flirting cause no good can come of it,
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 1, 2013, 05:25 PM
    What you describe could be flirting, but you would have to ask yourself why if she has been married for ten years. I would make a guess and say she is a 'player' to be avoided.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my manager flirting with me? [ 8 Answers ]

So, I don't know if my manager is flirting with me. Whenever I see him he's looking at me, although we don't talk much. But when we talk it seems like he is a very good listener and by good listener I mean intense). He would untie my apron and call me alli instead of allison. He also jokes a lot,...

Flirting or what else? [ 2 Answers ]

I didn't really know which topic to put this question in, but I guess this will do. I work at a restaurant and there is a guy there who I flirt with and he flirts back. I always grab him and tickle him and he always tries to spill my drinks, etc. However, we are NOT trying to date or anything...

Is it flirting? [ 3 Answers ]

What message do guys (you barely know) want to convey when they touch a girl (arm) deliberately, yet seeming unintentional?

View more questions Search