Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

Jul 1, 2013, 02:01 PM
    Robo telephone calls
    I started copying the numbers and date and time of these calls. They continue from morning to night and are driving me crazy. I was once on the do not call list for telemarketing but these are robo calls mixed with some telemarketing
    And some charity.

Help, it's driving me nuts.
    Thank you.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2013, 03:19 PM
    Go back on the do not call list.

Don't answer calls you don't recognize.

Change your phone number.

You have admitted to "following" people on twitter (and apparently other places). Maybe one or more of those people is following you.

Jul 1, 2013, 04:51 PM
    I am not on twitter... I don't text... and I just can't change my number right now... and I don't pick up but the calls wake me up. I'm on that list... but thank you for replying.
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2013, 05:41 PM
    Is someone using your AMHD username? I thought you were goggling other people's twitter accounts and didn't want them to realize it - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/networ...ng-748306.html

Jul 1, 2013, 07:11 PM
    No Judy... I don't even know how to text or twitter... I'm afraid I'm a technically challenged do-do
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2013, 07:30 PM
    answer and remind them you are on the do not call list. Continue writing the numbers down so you have it documented when they call. There are sites like this that you can check and see what others are saying about the calls from those numbers http://800notes.com/
    You can file a complaint with the do not call site too https://complaints.donotcall.gov/complaint/complaintcheck.aspx?panel=2
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 1, 2013, 08:26 PM
    One can always change their number.

You often get on lists by belonging to groups or clubs, Banks are bad about having associations that they have. By joining one thing, or signing up for one, thing, you get on many lists.

Jul 1, 2013, 08:53 PM
    You're probably right. I sign a lot of petitions and include my phone number but I can't change it.
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2013, 06:58 AM
    "You're probably right. I sign a lot of petitions and include my phone number but I can't change it."

Then I guess you're "stuck" getting these calls.
    dhw1949 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2013, 03:57 PM
    Panasonic sells a cordless phone/answering machine for around $50 or so which can answer and hang up on numbers you've stored in it. As soon as it reads the caller ID and it matches a number you've stored, it'll answer and hang up. You'll only the first ring.
    For around I think $100 there is a device called Call Blocker that does the same thing and can hold up to 200 numbers.
    These robo-callers are spoofing the caller ID they send out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Telephone calls [ 1 Answers ]

Suppose there are 3,000,000 new phone call arrivals Per minute to the switched telephone system worldwide, With each call lasting for 5 minutes on average, And there are 6 hops (i.e. 6 links and 6 nodes) on Average between the callers and callees. How many Memory entries are occupied on...

How to quiet a title to a mortgagethat has been foreclose upon due to a robo signatur [ 2 Answers ]

A foreclosure was improperly served. The attorney that was handling the forclouser has been fired for wrongdoings for doing ROBO signature to forclose on the property. The mortgage should never been forclosed upon

A babysitter gets weird phone calls when she calls the police they tell her to get ou [ 2 Answers ]

I think I saw this in the early to mid 90s when a babysitter gets a weird phone calls she calls the police they call her back and tell her to get out of the house because the calls are coming from inside the home and when they finally show the killer he's is painted into the wall made to look like...

How to find out a telephone number (from where the telephone is) [ 8 Answers ]

I used to know a number to dial that would confirm what the phone number is at the land line phone that I am calling from. Does anyone know if this is still available in the U.S. Thanks!

Not robo cop [ 3 Answers ]

A sci fi / action movie from the 80's to early 90's its about a guy in a metal suit

View more questions Search