Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bgam1969 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2013, 07:24 AM
    Friedrich ac
    Hi,
    My problem will probably require a quick solution with the right advise. The knob that turns the AC unit on is split, half way across the face of the knob, and I'd like to replace it. I tried to pull the knob off its post but no luck - no give. I didn't put "too much" pull on it because of concerns that I would destroy an entire assembly or interconnected unit. Is there some sort of "trick" to this or does this friedrich knob come off like most other knobs with needed force? Thanks much, Bob
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 1, 2013, 08:29 AM
    Bob there are just a few different ways a knob of this type can come off. One is as you know is it just pulls off the other is if the knob has a set screw that is usually just a flat blade screw driver or allen head sometimes called hex key type. You almost have to be able to see the assembly to be able to tell for sure what you have and I cannot see it from here. Friedrich has used different types over the years just like all the other manufactures. It all just depends upon who is the cheapest vendor/manufacture during the parts bidding process from when it was built. Sorry but that is all I can do on this end.
    bgam1969 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2013, 11:30 AM
    hvac1000
    Thanks for your reply. Shortly after posting my question I thought about how many different ways the knob might be placed on the post. I did think of a set screw and also feared the post might be damaged in some way-possibly from the grandchildren. I then ordered a replacement knob from Sears- one of only two places now that has a replacement knob in stock (not original equipment). The new knob will not be here till Monday. I'll see then from how the knob is constructed how I should approach the repair - the broken knob still works, after a fashion, so I don't want to mess with it too much now although all my instincts want to investigate now. I don't know if you have any experience with Friedrich but the AC model number is RM24L30-A.
    Thanks much,
    Bob

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friedrich furnace parts? [ 0 Answers ]

Looking for a heating element for a friedrich ef1514 electric furnace, heat element 4333A1 5kw 240 volt.

How do I wire a friedrich gha075ndc [ 1 Answers ]

I need to wire a gas funace and I have no diagram (gha075ndc)

Friedrich faucet [ 0 Answers ]

I have a bar faucet ,white 8905l can't see anyway the handles come off. Tried pulling and turning. Has the 3 point handle

Friedrich Gas Furnaces [ 4 Answers ]

Just bought a house in southern New Mexico. I am trying to find age information and a manual for the Friedrich 100,000 BTU gas furnace, model number GUA100NDB installed. Nothing appears on a Web search. I am getting that old sinking feeling about this unit's viability... ;>(

Friedrich furnace [ 0 Answers ]

How do I light the pilot light on a Friedrich furnace model no. GUB100NB1

View more questions Search