Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gabriela Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2005, 07:11 PM
    My washer... my washer... OH! My washer...
    Dear all,

I have a Kenmore Sensor Smart washer Three Speed... Automatic... with Catalyst... that It is with us since we bought the house (19 months ago... ). Today, it decided not to work... It can fill with water but sometimes it doen´t wash the clothes (the tub is not moving) and sometimes it does... but definitevely... it doesn´t want to drain... Do you have an idea of what is going wrong with it?

Thanks a lot !
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2005, 08:21 PM
    It is hard to say. Its electronic brain may have had a stroke. Is it out where the water in the pump could freeze? Some wires may be loose. Start by removing the screw on either side that holds the control panel on. Look around in it and wiggle all the plugs. If that doesn't seem to help, pull the whole front off. There should be 2 clips that hold it to the back under the control panel. Pry them up and the whole thing comes right off if it is like the newer Whirlpools. Look at the belt, and wiggle the plugs that go to the motor. That covers most of the easy things. From there, study the schematic inside somewhere and figure which wires should be hot and check them. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Determining Age of washer [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! Was curious if there is a way to determine manufacture date on washer & dryer by the model, serial or stock numbers on the equipment. They are KitchenAids. Thanks. Sandi

Maytag Washer [ 2 Answers ]

Maytag washer model #LAT8006AAE jumps around as if is out of balance, even on small loads. Any idea as to what causes this? It is level. Thanks

Smell behind washer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm new here and I've recently started to have a smell behind my washer. At first I was told it was sweage smell but was later told it was stall urine.(I don't want either one). The smell seemed to be coming from the pipe that the washer discharges water into. Behind the washer I have...

Washer tub [ 2 Answers ]

I recently put in a new sink for my washing machine and thought I hooked everything up all right but the grey pipe with the little small white thing on it going from my hot water tap to the hot water pipe is leaking as well is the cold am I missing something or am I supposed to glue them together....

Vibrating Washer [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Whirlpool Duet washing machine on the third floor of my A-frame house. Great machine, but when it goes on spin cycle, the whole house vibrates. It's worse on high, but happens on medium and low as well. We want it to run on high to spin out as much water as possible. Is there...

View more questions Search