Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melissaromero Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2013, 02:48 PM
    Why does most rain fall over warm spot on the surface of the earth
    Why does most rain fall over warm spot on the surface of the earth and not the cold spots?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 30, 2013, 03:58 PM
    It's not that simple, and not always true.
    Deserts are the hottest places on earth and get little or no rain.
    The poles and areas near the poles get tons of precipitation in the form of snow.
    Aside from all that, land nearer the equator AND near to vast bodies of water does get plenty of rain. But the Sahara is near the equator and is totally dry, and the poles are surrounded by water and get tons of snow.
    Warm air is able to hold more water than cold air.
    There's a lot more to all this, including air patterns being different along the equator... that you can research on your own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do astronauts float and people on the surface of Earth do not? [ 5 Answers ]

The only difference is the ISST is 4220 my and the surface of Earth is 4000 my from CM. Centripetal force holds a body to the surface and centrifugal force allows man to stand up. Why does the same mechanism not work in orbit as on Earth? People on Earth and astronauts are orbiting the same CM. ...

Is it possible that tectonics had help from the surface of the Earth shrinking? [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible that tectonics had help from the surface of the Earth shrinking,as a result of the core cooling?

How might earth be different if an ocean didn't form on its surface [ 1 Answers ]

I need at least four facts on how thearth could have been different

Altitude above Earth's surface [ 1 Answers ]

At what altitude above Earth's surface would the gravitational acceleration be 4.4 m/s2? Help.

View more questions Search