Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pakman67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2013, 07:36 PM
    Must a teacher's aide who gets about 5 weeks off make $455 week to be exempt?
    Our instructional assistants in a small school get almost 5 weeks off when the school closes during breaks, holidays... The beginning salary is just under the $455 per week minimum. Are the employees still nonexempt although they technically only work 47 weeks per year and get paid for all 52?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 29, 2013, 08:03 PM
    Not only must they make 455/wk to be exempt, they must also be paid consistent amounts per pay period over the year (salary). So the answer is yes, your employees are non-exempt. Paying them for 47 pay periods in order to make more than 455 won't make them exempt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My teacher took my phone for a week, is that legal? [ 4 Answers ]

I always bring my phone to school,but I make sure it is low volume so in-case it turns on by itself it won't make any noise. The one day I forget to turn it down before turning it off, it turns on and I asked the teacher if I could turn it off and she said for me to turn it off and give it to her....

Does f1 status make you exempt for federal taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

We have an employee about to start work under "F1" status. Are they exempt from paying their federal taxes?

How can I make my teacher forgive me my betrayal? [ 26 Answers ]

I submitted it in wrong topic first, I am sos sorry! It will not be repeted. I have a problem, that I know I simply should drop, but it hurts me a lot that I could have made such a bad thing to someone. I really need to know, if there is some chance for this man to ever forgive me. My first...

Is there anything that can make me exempt? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anything that can make me exempt from the IRS garnishing my wages for back taxes??

Exempt from H 1cap-Science teacher [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am about to finish my Masters in Science Ed and have been offered a job position at public school in AZ. I will be teaching science to middle grades. Is there a way by which I can get exempted from the H1 B cap (its over for 2008). Thanks.

View more questions Search