Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jazzman33 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2013, 11:53 AM
    After the mastic is stripped what do I do to paint or stain the concrete
    I recently stripped probably asbestos tiles off a sun room concrete,The mastic is still there. Do I have to strip the mastic in order to paint the floor? If I have to strip he mastic how do I treat the floor in order to paint it?
    jazzman33

Check out some similar questions!

Using Gel Stain Over Paint [ 21 Answers ]

The staircase in my 100+ year old home is in need of some sort of refinishing. The steps themselves appear to be some sort of wood (I was told by a contractor doing other work in my house that they were pine), and have been painted, and then were covered with carpeting. We pulled up the carpeting,...

How to paint over mastic on basement floor? [ 3 Answers ]

Last year we had vinyl/asbestos tile removed from our basement. The cement floor now has a thick residue of mastic, which was mostly cured, but does get a little sticky at times. We are thinking of painting over it. Does anybody have experience doing this? If so, what kind of...

Paint over stain [ 5 Answers ]

I'm re-painting the exterior of our home. Last paint application appears to be paint on the gable ends and dark brown stain on the lap siding. After all the necessary prep work and cleaning do I need to primer over the old stain if I want to apply a latex paint?

Concrete Stain on EXISTING concrete [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Professionals! I have a large back yard patio that was laid with concrete during the building phase (1995). The concrete was colored during the pour. To date, the concrete is FADED (I live in Phoenix Arizona and the sun is BRUTAL!! ). I need to re-color the concrete deck and don't know...

Removing Hardset Tile Mastic from Concrete Floor [ 1 Answers ]

I need to remove a hardset ( not glue type) mastic from a large area of concrete floor. The mastic is almost as hard as the concrete and must be ground down in order to lay carpet. I am currently using a floor belt sander with hardest grade paper. It's moving at just about a snails pace. Is...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.