Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Goddess1312 Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Jun 28, 2013, 11:00 AM
    What's the world coming to ?
    I'm very curious and into aliens , mermaids , big foot etc . Do you guys believe that there real ? They recently had a study and videos of mermaids and the underwater world that most people don't know of . Aliens as well have been spotted and seen . Little do people know we get most of our technology from the aliens they provide for us. There technology is more updated , things we as humans never seen before.. Please comment if you believe it's true and if you have any knowledge about what's going on in the world . I feel like the government can't hide the unknown because it's all coming out I feel as though there trying to tell us something , there tired of hiding . This world is there's just as much is ours , we have to respect that they were here first .
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 28, 2013, 11:01 AM
    Aliens provide our technology?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jun 28, 2013, 11:20 AM
    The mermaid thing you speak of... was this that ridiculous show on Animal Planet where they were trying to prove to us that mermaids are alive and well and have been in our oceans since the beginning of time? I saw that and laughed through most of it.

Aliens? Yes, I believe they are possible. Are they giving us their technology? I guess there is a slight chance of that if you want to believe all the conspiracy theories and all that. The problem I have with many of these conspiracy people... 95% of them are nuts. If you find a hole in their story or theory, they will make something up to try and cover it with. They want to believe so badly that they will lie to themselves just to make that happen.

But now I did like your line:

Little do people know we get most of our technology from the aliens they provide for us. There technology is more updated , things we as humans never seen before.
    How do you know this for a fact?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 28, 2013, 11:25 AM
    They were here first? Really? Well then, where are they now?

Me thinks someone watches too much TV.

Jun 28, 2013, 11:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Aliens provide our technology?
    Yes I believe they do
    Pets Expert

Jun 28, 2013, 11:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Goddess1312 View Post
    Yes I believe they do
    So you simply have a belief that this is real, not actual proof. Most people base their beliefs on something. What do you base yours on?

Jun 28, 2013, 11:56 AM
    No disrespect but you guys are so negative.. If you don't believe then why say anything ? For oddin7 I wasn't talking about "animal planet" so laugh all you like... I did my research I've been doing this for a while so believe what you like . I know what I know and it's not from tve . I feel as though TV is poison... Anyway I put my question for people who do believe and have greater knowledge then I . Not to be negative and be snobby about it..
    Expert

Jun 28, 2013, 11:58 AM
    "Do you guys believe that there real ?"

That was your question to us. No, we don't believe they are real. We are not being negative, we just don't subscribe to conspiracy theories.

Jun 28, 2013, 12:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    "Do you guys believe that there real ?"

That was your question to us. No, we don't believe they are real. We are not being negative, we just don't subscribe to conspiracy theories.
    Okay "expert"
    Expert

Jun 28, 2013, 12:04 PM
    So you are getting snarky because we don't subscribe to your beliefs?
    Entomology Expert

Jun 28, 2013, 12:05 PM
    So you have researched mermaids and come to the conclusion that they are real? Where did you research them, on the internet? EVERYTHING is real on the internet.

Nobody is being mean... we are discussing your question. You asked us and we are answering.

So let's discuss this... convince us... how do you know all of this is real? How do you have a higher understanding than we do? How do you know mermaids are real? How do you know we are using alien technology? How do you KNOW all of this. I mean, let's look at something here. I know this desk I am at is real. How do I know? I can touch it and see it. I believe there could be aliens but I can't say they are real because I can't touch or see them. See what I'm saying?

And for the record... I saw a UFO when I was younger. I fully believe it. First, I know it was a UFO because it was flying and I couldn't identify it... but really, I do believe I saw something.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 28, 2013, 12:50 PM
    Maybe this whole thread needs to be moved to Paranormal and then it can be discussed out. There is a wide range of opinions on this subject. There is evidence of coverups that are ongoing but those can be a smoke screen to other events or projects. So lets have a discussion and see where it leads.
    busymomma2013 Posts: 282, Reputation: 20

Jun 28, 2013, 12:55 PM
    I would like to believe that "big foot" and "mermaids" are real. Just for the adrenaline I would get from the search for them.

When we go camping we go "big footin" But we consider it just to be for the fun of it!

So to answer your question, I don't believe, but I like to have fun with the thought that they might be out there.
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 28, 2013, 12:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by busymomma2013 View Post
    I would like to believe that "big foot" and "mermaids" are real. Just for the adrenaline I would get from the search for them.

When we go camping we go "big footin" But we consider it just to be for the fun of it!

So to answer your question, I don't believe, but I like to have fun with the thought that they might be out there.
    As a non believer I have to ask. Other then seeing one for yourself on one of your outings what evidence would you accept as "proof" to know they are real?
    Pets Expert

Jun 28, 2013, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by busymomma2013 View Post

I feel the same way. We go camping in a specific town in the mountains, and the lake they have is supposed to have a "monster" in it, much like the Loch Ness. I have to say, it's fun looking for him, and hoping that every wave is actually him surfacing. But have I ever seen him? No. Then again, it's a big lake.

I don't believe we're the only ones in this universe, but I've never seen evidence to suggest that aliens live among us, or provide us with our technology. Then again, Bill Gates is pretty weird looking, I suppose he could be from a different planet. If so, he really should have come up with better technology. ;)

Mermaids, that's a stretch. Big foot, that's a bit of a stretch for me too, but it would be cool if they were real. Sadly, when it comes to things like this, I like proof, not supposition.
    busymomma2013 Posts: 282, Reputation: 20

Jun 28, 2013, 01:02 PM
    I really don't know.

I took my son to the Children's Hands On Museum for an adventure night that they put on for Mothers and Sons. It was a "Finding Big Foot" theme. They placed cut out foot prints and hair through out the museum that we had to search for. They also had big foot calls playing randomly through out the night.

So I guess if I found foot prints that were rather large and strange hair or even heard one, that would be evidence enough for me.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jun 28, 2013, 01:37 PM
    Actually there are many of us here that are considered experts. Which means we understand and have EXPERIENCE in many different aspects of the subject. One may provide excellent advice in trying to figure out more than one reason for what someone is experiencing... another may provide advice if someone wants a spirit removed... another may offer advice from a different religious view point. Just because some (or all) of us are suggesting that you get your face off the TV does not mean we don't know what we're talking about.

Just because we don't believe EVERYTHING we hear on TV or from a unknown New Age author doesn't mean we do not believe in these things.

Personally, I do believe much of that stuff exists to a degree... and I also believe that much of it is not what it seems. But that doesn't mean I'm open to everything in the world being possible. You need to step back and research a lot of this on your own... without being told what to think from TV. You might begin to draw your own conclusions in what you believe...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2013, 01:49 PM
    It's pretty much like all religions - an invisible person.
    Entomology Expert

Jun 28, 2013, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    ...I took it upon myself to cut out the body of the message just to save space and to give me something to do as I am bored right now but I want to say that this message was excellent.

That original post by Hauntinghelper was excellent. Very well said.
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 28, 2013, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    It's pretty much like all religions - an invisible person.
    To which part are you referring to?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rain is coming in to our electric fireplace. Where is the leak coming from? [ 8 Answers ]

When it rains, water comes into the gas fireplace (fire box) and then leaks onto the wood floor in front of the fireplace hearth. The fireplace vents to the outside wall and there is a small coat closet between the exterior wall where the vent is located and the fireplace with no visible water...

Lennox furnace fan c23-31-1 is coming on but no air is coming through the vents [ 0 Answers ]

The filter is clean, it was working fine this morning, what should I check before I call someone?

What is the reason there is no water coming out of my tap its coming out of all other [ 2 Answers ]

In my bathroom the tap in my sink for hot water there is no water coming out but there is water coming out of all other taps hot and cold. What could be the problem help.

Emails are not coming to my macbook pro but are coming to my iPhone [ 1 Answers ]

I have AOL account; yesterday midday I was still receiving emails on my iPhone but they are not appearing on my macbook pro; they have always been a few minutes or hours late in getting to my computer as compared to my phone - but now none are getting to the computer

What is this world coming to? [ 14 Answers ]

The below is a copied article from my local news station. Apparently its illeagal in my state to not have green grass in your yard. You can find the original article at WOODTV.com & WOOD TV8 - Grand Rapids news, weather, sports and video - White Cloud yard police put man in jail WHITE CLOUD --...

View more questions Search